I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• @jithuv: Exactly. If Junior does well here then this will help us build a reputation of being a "feeder" or "development" team for the bigger leagues. That may sound bad on the surface but when you think about the players we would get on loan it is actually an amazing thing to think about.

For all we know, a youth player from the Championship that is loaned to an I-League club may be the next big thing a few years later. We would then have the distinction of saying that we once had [Insert name here] in the I-League.

And yes. This is the first loan from England (or any international club) but we have had players move directly from England to India before many times. Most recent being Alan Gow (Ricketts could also be included but he was a free agent for many months before he joined Dempo).
  • > ashindia said:
    > Yes I think so

And good that Sandesh interest from Chinese clubs isnt being hyped that much good for him.

That is no surprise. Think about the average Indian football fan (facebook). Do they know anything about Asian football other than India. If Sandesh was linked with a European club then this would be huge news but this is a Chinese 2nd Division club and despite that being a higher level than I-League, no one else knows or will care that much.

Anyway it is good that it is not hyped yet. We are not even sure if he will move nor what club it will be. Then after it we will have to worry about if he will play or not. I hope he does well and then we can have a brand new center-back pairing of Sandesh and Arnab. That would be badass!
  • Air india signed japanese international

• ashindiaashindia 9264 Points

> shakkeerKM said:
    > Air india signed japanese international

what ?

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

Guys , stop believing these dumb media reports and all this hype.
    Edinho Junior isn't going to Shillong Lajong , and there is no way a broke ass Indian club can take on the loan of a Blackburn player and fork out around $1500/week on a player.
    I saw the team training & Friday is with the team in Goa preparing for the Salgaocar game.
    So unless they release Friday on Monday morning , they will have 4 days to sneak Junior in !!
    This is as likely as the news that they were signing Dwayne DeRosario last season for 1.5 Crores !!!

Also Sandesh Jhingan to China is for a trial,,,any tom, dick & harry can get a trial at any club if you have contacts....
    Mehtab went to Scotland thanks to Alan Gow.....Gurpreet to Wigan coz of some dumb ass Ten Action commentator..... Lajong players to FCV Vestjaeland due to Anglian owners...Gouramangi to an A league.....and so on ....
    Sandesh has improved but isn't good enough to play in Chinese 2nd tier , not yet.

It's just great hype created by De Ridder to make himself look like he's doing something while Nathan Hall is doing wonders with the bare squad at his disposal...

Expect more hype around this time of the year....especially from the Kolkata media , especially Bhutani at Hardtackle !

Have to cut my rant short....off to pick up Mikel Silvestre & Nicky Butt from Mumbai airport...they arriving just in time to fil the void at Dodsal left by the Santosh trophy player departures !!

• ashindiaashindia 9264 Points

> gaffertape said:
    > off to pick up Mikel Silvestre & Nicky Butt from Mumbai airport...they arriving just in time to fil the void at Dodsal left by the Santosh trophy player departures !!

:O

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

> gaffertape said:
    >Have to cut my rant short....off to pick up Mikel Silvestre & Nicky Butt from Mumbai airport...they arriving just in time to fil the void at Dodsal left by the Santosh trophy player departures !!

And you give away the biggest transfer news in the most unceremonious way. You are a legend!
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Lot of money being spent by Dodsal.  Silvestre was always on, but how come Butt has joined the party. 

Anyways, Dodsal should qualify this year if their heavy artillery is working fine and gets accustomed to Indian weather and conditions.