I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited February 2013

> ashindia said:
    > Netan should better move next season,maybe you can get him into one of the two new franchise teams coming up next season. :)

Again, a misuse of the word "franchise" in a sports context.

These 2 clubs are really just 2 teams given direct entry and no relegation. That does not make them "franchises". They are just 2 clubs with different rules.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Arsenalkid700
    > ashindia said:

> Netan should better move next season,maybe you can get him into one of the two new franchise teams coming up next season. :)

These 2 clubs are really just 2 teams given direct entry and no relegation. That does not make them "franchises". They are just 2 clubs with different rules.

Whatever!

Does that matter in "sports context" ??

• > Joyptan said:
    > > Arsenalkid700
    > > > ashindia said:
    > > Netan should better move next season,maybe you can get him into one of the two new franchise teams coming up next season. :)

>
    >

>
    >
    > #Whatever!
    >
    > Does that matter in "sports context" ??

Kinda does. Maybe not to the person who only cares about the on-field dealings of football but for people who actually want to have an understanding of the off-field side of football you should know the difference between a direct entry club and a franchise.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited February 2013

Latest rumours/possibilities of coaches moving around.

Derrick Pereira- Pune FC to Dempo

Trevot Morgan - E.Bengal to Salgaocar

Arthur Papas - Pailan to Pune FC

A. Colaco - Rested

David Booth - Back to pavilion

Karim Bencherifa - Direct to hell :D

• Wether that is a joke I dont know but going to the realistic changes. Pereira again would probably be a good choice at Dempo. Morgan would have to work from the bottom again at Salgaocar. Papas would be in heaven at Pune FC (but would that mean no India U22 job). And I am guessing Nathan Hall to Pailan Arrows.

The first three are very realistic possibilities and lot of buzz about them.

Just heard that Karim may be refused entry into hell as well. =))

• > Domnic said:
    > The first three are very realistic possibilities and lot of buzz about them.
    >
    > Just heard that Karim may be refused entry into hell as well. =))

I have a feeling that he would enjoy it in hell to much.
  • BTW have the Balal Arezu rumors died down now. Nothing has come of it and Churchill are after a new defender (a shit one at that).

edited February 2013

I told you guys yesterday that I need to confirm the other news. But as per what I heard he will replace somebody. I wont name the player though. It is not what we were thinking earlier that he may be signed for AFC cup as fifth foreigner. But I think they are still searching for top class striker.

Lot of turmoil going on at CB. The break will be great relief for them. These unfaithful players should be shot dead for leaving the club in a lurch.

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited February 2013

> Domnic said:
    > I told you guys yesterday that I need to confirm the other news. But as per what I heard he will replace somebody. I wont name the player though. It is not what we were thinking earlier that he may be signed for AFC cup as fifth foreigner. But I think they are still searching for top class striker.
    >
    > Lot of turmoil going on at CB. The break will be great relief for them. These unfaithful players should be shot dead for leaving the club in a lurch.

Technically though Churchill Brothers dont have a real break. They have 2 AFC Cup matches and a match against Air India to contend with. 2 matches away + 1 at home.

As for Balal. I dont see the need for him at Churchill Brothers. Henry and Akram are doing fine. Unless one of them is leaving then why even do it. Balal is not even that amazing as people make him out to be. 6 goals in the SAFF Cup (4 of which against amateur Bhutan) so I struggle to see how this can be positive for Churchill Brothers.