PIO (Player of Indian Origin) Thread

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    Really choudhury aint asian? :o
  • ynwa94ynwa94 61 Points
    Hi all, 

I am new to this forum and am hoping to get some information from some of you on here who have some knowledge on the aiff or how to get into clubs in India.  I have a talented young Canadian boy who is a Sikh who's family comes from India and is interested in playing in an Asian league and has expressed his interest in playing in his family's native India.  He has experience playing and training with many clubs in Europe and has played at very high levels in Canada including being apart of the national youth pool.  

I am hoping that some of you may be able to help pass on some helpful information or get in touch with me for more information and so I can possibly start giving out his CV to someone who might be of some good help.

Please if you do have information reply here with your contact info or by all means please do message me.

Thanks

AR
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Any of these 4 guy cud help u btw wat was the name of that indo canadian kid?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    its not Ankit Sharma from British Columbia is it ? 
    rudra
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    No one should help him on here. The guy lives in Canada! If he is even a decent talent he should be a least able to get onto a good club at the state level at least in Canada.

Also, keep in mind that the top state league in Canada (League1 Ontario) is probably the equal to the I-League so unless he is in that league and doing well this guy would not even make it in India.
    If his age is below 19 he can get trials...
  • ynwa94ynwa94 61 Points
    Thank you for the help Preetam.  I think some of you are a bit confused about what is professional in Canada.  The League 1 Ontario is not professional and currently just for Ontario players, its hard for players from other provinces to come over there because clubs do not pay or take care of anyone except locals.  It is also not a professional league.  

ArsenalFan700, if you are questioning the level in Canada, or the players level, either or he has captained his Province on certain levels, has been in the Vancouver Whitecaps Youth System and has already had a season for a youth team in Europe.  Unless you are one of the lucky few players to get a homegrown contract with an MLS side, there isn't much in terms of a professional opportunity.  

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    LEAGUE1ONTARIO DOES NOT TAKE NON-ONTARIO PLAYERS!!!! Mate, I followed that league through-out the entire first season, they take non-Ontario players and even players from outside the country. Ya, they are rare but they are there!

As for your guy from the Vancouver Whitecaps, is it Gagandeep Dosanjh?
    munna219777ynwa94
    @rohan Hmm looks like ur guess is right..is he the same player...am googling on internet.,.
    Fc edmnton and u17 canada 2 caps ... he is young and will improve further....