PIO (Player of Indian Origin) Thread

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    No. I got cut by the Red Bulls in July and am now attending a DIII college in New Jersey where I might play next season... this year I just want to focus on academics and see what I want to do in life and stuff. I will do club soccer which is just practices twice a week and the odd game a week with less time-stress on me and I am considering trying out for a 4th Division American team next year which would help if I ever wanted to transfer to a DI school for soccer.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    In US option are always open unlike india....
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Not exactly. My relatives in India told me that to play football is easy to find whereas in America it is tough because of pay-to-play on most fields and such. Also the USL PDL teams (4th tier) I want to join are far, the closest one to my college is 2-3 hours away by car and the closest to my house is also 2-3 hours away.

As for college soccer, club soccer is only 2 2-hour sessions a week with the odd game... every other time the field is either reserved or you are not allowed on it (you could of course hop the fence) so it is not as open but I guess it is more open, I shall take note next time I go to India.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Kid..given u pay for education in states..u might aswell study in europe and pay the fee and get into some academy that works uni level players and provides a platform

As for overseas PIO or other desis it was hard i think.they werent approached as far as i know some of them.. weird given some right charlies getting deals..
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Rohan do you have videos of you playing?
  • ashindiaashindia 9384 Points
    Why would players like Harmeet Singh or Danny Batth risk their career coming to ISL ?? Even someone like Netan Sansara would not be willing to play in ISL.
    Thats very Disheartening, sad they wont be part of "Birth of a Footballing Nation". 
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    if the PIOs were approached for ISL ,they should consider it for  atleast pay  package
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29732 Points
    edited October 2014
    I sometimes get confused between @usaindia and @ashindia :P
    usaindia is Indian in America and ashindia is Indian in India but ofcourse both are from Hyderabad.
    goalkeepar