IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I disagree with the European model which has seen many clubs in Europe fall to death. Rangers is probably the recent example. We dont even need a full US model.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I propose the hybrid of MLS and J.League.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">What we take from MLS...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">1) Start with 10-12 teams. Start slow.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">2) Closed system of no promotion/relegation as no big company in India will start a club and be happy in I-League D2. At least not yet.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">3) Roster rules.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">3-a) Salary Caps</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">3-b) Rosters of 30 players per team.</div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3-c) Roster restrictions on each team. First 20 players can be over 23, the other 10 must be u23. (age based on beginning of the season).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">4) Expansion.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">5) <b>All-star games.</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">What we take from J.League...</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1) The dream of starting a second division in the future, when we can start one. J.League waited 6-7 years before the J.League Division 2.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) Foreign player limit.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) Asian player rule.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">4) I-League membership criteria separate from AFC Club Criteria (both must be filled)</font></div>
  • I like your system AKid but which 12 teams would you pick?<div><br></div><div>I would probably pick:</div><div>East Bengal</div><div>Mohun Bagan</div><div>Prayag United</div><div>USFC</div><div>Shillong Lajong</div><div>Mumbai FC</div><div>Pune FC</div><div>Dempo SC</div><div>Churchill Brothers</div><div>Chirag Kerala</div><div>One team from Chennai since I am from there and they have a good stadium with great fan following : )</div><div>and one from Bangalore because of the big fan following and the nice football pub scene there.</div><div>I am really tempted to replace one of the Bengal teams with a Delhi team but let there be a play off there.</div><div>I think it would be better if we expanded 1 team per season until we get 20 teams and then we can have the relegation. That would be 8 years after we start the league by then we could establish a 2nd division like you said and include more teams. Man we should quit our studies and enter this business of managing the I-league.</div><div><br></div><div>By the way guys just like there is the "Barclay's Premier League" how does "The IMG I-League" sound?</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited July 2012
    has  IPFCA put out a clear statement giving the exact reasosns why they feel d IPL-ball is a bad idea?..<br><br>Why has IMG still not come with a answer to d query on the Viabilityof teh I-league raised by d club in Feb/March???<br><br>Btw IPFCA were adamant they will release players for 2 weeks to prepare for d Nehru cup they but now better sense has prevailed and players have been released for 3 weeks..!!..seems like IPFCA has more brains than IMG<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@aamirakram_19<;/font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">My 10 teams would be: East Bengal, Mohun Bagan, Pune FC, Mumbai FC, Dempo SC, Sporting Goa, Prayag United, Shillong Lajong, United Sikkim and [Insert Club Here]. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">The 10th club is hard to decide. I dont want more than 2 teams in Goa due to the small size. I dont care about "We have enough support for more than 2 clubs". Goa is only 1,000,000 people. I think 2 teams in the I-League is enough. I dont want another Bengali team as well. They can support a 4th one and I would like that 4th one to be in Northern West Bengal to rival Prayag but not yet. Delhi has proven support for the National team but when Durand Cup comes around they never show. Maybe Durand is never marketed. Chennai and Hyderabad deserve a team but I would like to see how much of a crowd they would get for India matches first. Bangalore... I let @Rudra decide. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Right now my expansion options are Nagpur, Kozhikozide, and Orissa.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Future candidates: Nagaland, Aizawl, West Bengal #4, Bangalore, Assam, Punjab, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Jaipur.</font></div>
  • Isnt 14 lakh 1,400,000.<div><br></div><div>Come on, Goa is not that big at all.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    for a league to be ntaional we need more states to have teams than more team from states...<div>so i think 2 is more than enough for any state...</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>That could give more reasonable chance for the commercial right to be sold out to national sponsors in much sustainable amount</div>
  • jees_josejees_jose 210 Points
    If I had 10 crore to spare I would have started FC Calicut by calling few established kerala players , one or two national players and two three value for money foreign players. Given the craze for football in Kozhikode, I am sure the club will be a success and Sponsors will follow. But I will not invest this year as IMG  is coming out with  some crap ideas. I think I should wait for a couple of years more. <br> [-O< [-O< [-O<
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    I got a feeling that the current I-League and clubs might be forced to shut down in coming fewer years.I think this IPL thing within 2-3 season might just become a full fledged league if it gets a good response from both public and from Sponsors.<br><br>What do you think guys ?? Dont you think there is a high possibility of this happening ??<br>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    ashindia wrote: »
    I got a feeling that the current I-League and clubs might be forced to shut down in coming fewer years.I think this IPL thing within 2-3 season might just become a full fledged league if it gets a good response from both public and from Sponsors.</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">What do you think guys ?? Dont you think there is a high possibility of this happening ??</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That is the exact reason why AIFF and the clubs are concerned. The meeting will decide the future course. IMG must come out with a plan where the regular clubs are made beneficiaries of the franchisee teams.</font></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">But I have a strong feeling that the IPL-like shitball is gonna fail big time. What they should have done instead is revamp the I-league with all that money. Make having one international icon player compulsary. Give loan grants to clubs for building fan-base and promoting extensively. Improve the grounds, install floodlights. And then add all the fancy things associated with IPL. That should be it. </span></div>
  • ashindia wrote: »
    I got a feeling that the current I-League and clubs might be forced to shut down in coming fewer years.I think this IPL thing within 2-3 season might just become a full fledged league if it gets a good response from both public and from Sponsors.<br><br>What do you think guys ?? Dont you think there is a high possibility of this happening ??<br>

<br><div><br>Disagree somewhat. The owners we have are smart. I bet they would form a break-out league and challenge. They have the advantage of a longer season which means that they can play in Asia. The IPL league would 100% not be allowed in Asia.</div>