IMG-Reliance in Indian Football

Comments

• archak wrote: »
    silicon3 wrote: »
    archak wrote: »
    @silicon3 its time for ice age 4: continental drift :P<br>

<br><br>But with Ice Age 4 .. the continents were formed..  In our case its still forming but at a a glacial speed!!<br>

<br><br>We need the Character who always chases the nut to speed it up.... :P<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>That is the IPFCA. They are always so close to that addicting meeting but fall short all the time.</div>
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    "<span id="divAdnetKeyword">In their meeting with the FIFA
    representatives, IMG-Reliance were advised that the proposed tournament
    cannot be parallel to the I-League and that there has to be some
    integration between the two competitions for the long-term
    sustainability of football in the country, as informed by Goal.com
    sources."<br></span>http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/08/10/3297825/aiff-and-img-reliance-to-share-their-roadmap-for-indian-football-<br>;
  • Why do a sense a South American style competition where we have two different leagues in 1 year. Only this one would be a lot more different with one league have pro/rel and the other not having it and with different players etc.<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>By the way, have the fans opinion gone into this at all. I am just wondering how much actual thinking went into this.</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <br>
    "<span id="divAdnetKeyword">In their meeting with the FIFA
    representatives, IMG-Reliance were advised that the proposed tournament
    cannot be parallel to the I-League and that there has to be some
    integration between the two competitions for the long-term
    sustainability of football in the country, as informed by Goal.com
    sources."<br></span>http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/08/10/3297825/aiff-and-img-reliance-to-share-their-roadmap-for-indian-football-<br>;

<br><div><br></div><div>I liked the proposed idea of IPFCA of allowing clubs(who satisfies AFC licencing criteria) to take part in franchise based trophy, alongwith few franchise teams from non footballing cities, to make it pan India cup. It is a great idea. A well thought point.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Its an alright point. Its kinda killing what most people would consider a proper schedule. Okay so no more full I-League, no more Federation Cup (and I assume Durand Cup and IFA Shield as well). Also what will the format be? Will it be a knock-out because the clubs are calling it 16 teams in a tournament, so is it 16 teams then straight quarter-finals or is it a league. Also the clubs have to remember that one of the goals is to make the AFC Champions League and the IMG and I-League's cant be at the same time to how do you have both in 1 season and still manage to full-fil all criteria for I-League.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also what is happening to the I-League U20 league. Shall it forever be a 2 month shit-league. What about the state teams, shall they always just be state teams... will I-League teams still be in the state league or will they be forced out if they play IMG as well. How would you eventually get franchises or teams in area's like Mizoram, Sikkim, Nagaland where we would need proper infrastructure yet you and I both know that we are far away from that. Also what about the fans. The format would be confusing to the casual fans. Also they would be interested in stars in the IMG game but what are the chances of them trying. These "big players" are only in India to make some more money and retire. They will probably half-ass all there matches, specially against these Indians. Dont believe me, your welcome to check MLS pre-2002 and the Arabic leagues. Also what about I-League, no popularity, fans will watch the IMG, be happy, watch I-League, see no stars and then 2 weeks later, they leave. We have to remember what the average Indian football fan is, not the dedicated ones like all of us, these are the ones that will support the best, support the good players. You wont find that in I-League and be happy if you see that in IMG League.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also should we ask ourselves is this really needed. Why cant we keep the money and invest it to help the I-League. You can easily implement the IMG league with I-League. Kick a few teams out, yes it would take weeks of talks in order for the IPFCA to agree with the plan but they will eventually listen to good reasoning. So there you go, have the 16 team I-League with 12 teams + 4 franchises and have it be 8 months. AFC criteria is full-filed and I bet more money is saved than lost. Invest that into a Youth League which would include the 16 I-League + 4 extra Academies (TATA etc). Then eventually try to incorporate the State League teams into this. Remember the I-League would be a closed league, no pro/rel. So we should make a new Federation/AIFF Cup which includes teams from the top State Leagues (Goa, Kolkata, Nagaland) (based on criteria, whatever) plus I-League teams in later rounds. </font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    franchise cant get direct entry in league since they don't have players and if they IMG or AIFF really thing getting bigger players will popularize sport why don't allow I league club to have more overseas players clubs are ready to have them even make rule to that club should have 2 ICON players who had played at least 50+ International games for their nation or played in world Cup along with 4+1 rule and let 5 players play in Playing XI even ACL a club can field 5 players than wont affect much. and if AIFF do that Then they should also have rule for clubs that club should have age group team from u-10 lever and have league for all age group for around 8 months and restrict club to field only reserve team in regional league </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">even they could used same promotional strategy for i league which they want to use for this shitty planned league of IMG </font></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Exactly. Why dont we merge the ideas. The best of both worlds. Choose the best 10-12 ran clubs in India + 4 new franchises. These franchises should also be in proven cities like Delhi (Internationally) and Kozhikozide. Bangalore may have good infrastructure but I dont believe in support. Places like Nagpur and Aizawl are better options. We are guaranteed almost full crowds.</font></div>
  • AIFF is just obviously following the 2nd word. The idea to get a TD was the idea of the AFC. The idea of Baan was again the AFC. The idea of Wim was Baan. The idea of the U17 World Cup was FIFA. The idea of the league and broadcasting is all IMG. They cant do anything for themselves without messing up.
  • We want a strong league and cup competition – Karim Bencherifa on IMG-Reliance’s proposed two-month long promotional tournament

Karim Bencherifa, who was considered for the national coach’s job before he decided to honour his contract with Salgaocar SC last year, believes that India must follow the best practices from all over the world if they are to progress in the years to come.

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

so tommorow is d big day when IMG will releas its " awsome plan " to rejuvinate Indian football...apparantely as per IMG it will be a game changer.. i will surely take it with apinch of salt...

only believe it after its out in the public...still keeping my fingers crossed

• > silicon3 said:
    > so tommorow is d big day when IMG will releas its " awsome plan " to rejuvinate Indian football...apparantely as per IMG it will be a game changer.. i will surely take it with apinch of salt...

only believe it after its out in the public...still keeping my fingers crossed

According to Arunava it will be very interesting. Lots of talking to be done.