Jitu
    Samsheer
    Nazaw
    Sherif
    Nong
    Ajay
    Joseph
    Sumit

Thanks to the aiff report, i have able to jot down the names of these many players of our u15 team. i guess 4 more are missing from the squad that went to germany
    karenesudhakar2050
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    “I don’t think we need something like the AIFF Academy where we nurture
    young talent. The clubs can do a better job at that. India, today, has
    clubs spread across the country. And if these clubs look for talent in
    their region, that should help their cause. The clubs should feed talent
    to the national side — including the age group sides — and not the
    other way around,” he added.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/494211/clubs-should-spot-nurture-young.html

The FIFA-AIFF Academy has it's pros and cons but, with all due respect, to the youth development structure already in place in the clubs(I-League and ISL), India has yet to reach a stage where the clubs can be leading from the front. So as of now, i feel there is a need for these academies to continue.
    Yes I agree with Constantine that the clubs should feed the national teams but we should have a look at the revenue(TV Money) and infrastructural problems(lack of own training grounds) also
    deepakc
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    How about we don't give a shit.
  • when will we get a player like Reece oxford ?
    Manju
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Constantine talks shit! Bugger needs a fucking good beating by the public.
    gaffertape
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    @7negi and others. Can anybody list the number of AIFF youth teams (U-15 to U-19) currently and where are they training? I mean such as a group (u-15/16) is in Germany and one is in Bangladesh playing U-16 SAFF cup. I am actually lost now with having so many groups and branches. 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Probably the wrong thread...BUT
    AiFF U19 GK Sukhdev Patil was at DSK as a U19 player 2 years back....had a fake certificate from Kolhapur that said he was U15...
    He went for the massive Pune FC trials in 2013 and made their U17 team !
    And now he is in India team...

Age might have changed BUT one thing is certain. ..he couldn't catch a cold on a wet winters day...let alone catch a cross !!
    tejirudraDX
  • jithuvjithuv 340 Points
    Sigh! When will we ever stop hearing such age fraud cases.

@gaffer You should consider writing your next article on age fraud and how wide spread it is in Indian football. No guarantee it expose some of these age frauds but hopefully it will wake a few people up to do something about it.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The only thing I can think we can do, as supporters, at the very least, is just record their ages and now that is their age and date of birth... they can't change it again as now it is recorded.

Although I did try that with wiki and so far I am not sure if it would work. Some guys in articles I see are 23 when they should be 25, I then check their wiki page and someone edited it to be 23 and when I check what I put, it was 25.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    @reddevil87

Right now as such we don't academy like earlier we used to have . Now structure is change as all teams are based in Goa.

First age group U15-u16
    A team is in Germany
    B is in Bangladesh

2nd age group u17-u19
    This group consist players from 3 academy

Bengaluru,Kalyani,mumbai.

Now from this academy u18 team will play in act .

And those who are not elgible for u18 , they will go for saff like Daniel .
    reddevil87munna219777