Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited August 2015
    @namewtheld they are not really age fraud free. But you can say that they even if there is age fraud it is only around 1-2 years. The current method of age detection has a error of +/- 2. further, one youth coach had told me that he certainly knows players in one of the AIFF academies (atleast) who are overage. But the agree that currently we are not gonna get absurd age cheating cases, and many players are within the age limit.
    archakreddevil87gaffertapekartik91
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @namewtheld Sure it has reduced a lot but has it been totally eradicated? I have my doubts about that.
    rudra
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    The age detection method is universal one. So if there is error, it is true for all Football associations. I am sure this leeway is considered fair.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    so we can say u-16 ate atmost u-18 and u-19 are atmost u-21.. so that is not that bad...
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    What next for these chaps....hope its not another lost generation. Unless they get on the 1st 11 of ileague there is hardly any option of regular competitive football....to translate this talent into a competitive
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Some of the developed countries have a systematized way keeping data right from birth. Systems of age cheating are very rare. Thus, but age cheating is not uniform throughout. more prevalent in africa or SAFF nations (don't know about latin america).

That is one of the major reasons why youth football still brings out surprising results. In youth football 1-2 years of advantage is a lot, as the physical development is very dynamic during this time and small increase in age can give profound advantages. so in a typical trial a 15 year old may not always be caught but will make it in u14 showing much better development than a 13 year old. Given that more than 50% of players get caught for age cheating in these trials, despite the error of +/- 2, shows what kind of players come for these trials and what used to be the composition of our youth teams of past. Worse, most coaches know the age-cheaters and keep them for 'good' results.
    reddevil87jithuv
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Senior team needs a complete reworking of our domestic setup....which perhaps we have forgotten in the hype about ISL teams training with white footballers and being allowed to eat on the same table as the European teammates
    ArsenalFan700Deb_BanEastBengalPride
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @deepakc you cannot expect all these players to show the same rate of development. some of them might not remain good enough for i-league clubs. This is why youth success is not always replicated at senior level. Individual variations exist, some guys may be limited by their biological inability to develop at the required pace, some might catch the wrong habits, some may have changed priority. Yet, we know that nations with good youth development do well later. That is mostly because of the sheer number of youth being developed. With a larger pool you insure that even if all the players do not keep their promise, a significant proportion will do. add to it, the late bloomers (like we have eugeneson lyngdoh). However, in India, till now the number of youth getting good coaching is very less, so after going through the various filters (changes in habits, motivation levels, inherent biological capacities), only a few will remain good enough. The solution, as many had pointed before, is a club wide program. AIFF can do only a limited job, even here they have frequent changes in plans. only because we are having U-17 WC, there is soem stability and long term vision in the current setup.  
    ArsenalFan700reddevil87Deb_Banfootydip
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    To keep minimum faults in age detection you have to ensure age estimation at early age. As age increase probability of erroneous age detection also increases. So a registration system at a very tender age is very much needed.all palyers in all academy should come under a central registration system with biometrics, age detection and full medical check up ( which will detect any medical disease , which may interfere a career of a sports person ).
    ArsenalFan700archakDeb_Ban
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited August 2015
    Taking a strong stand on age fraud in Indian sports Ajit Sharan (secretary, sports) said on Monday that the government is in process of making it mandatory for the federations to maintain transparent database for its athletes.

"The issue of age fraud has a very serious concern for a long time. We had asked the federations few months back to upload a database on the sportspersons. I understand that some units are following the process but most of them have not responded," Sharan said on the sidelines of the launch of National Talent Search and Nurture (NTSN) on Monday.

"The only solution we see is that we prepare a generic software and give it to the federations to implement it as a rule. We have not put a time limit but I think three months is a good enough time." he added.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/others/Sports-ministry-wants-database-to-tackle-age-fudging/articleshow/48664202.cms?from=mdr
    Deb_Banfootydip