Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• Did Pele Come? he was supposed to be Chief Guest at Subroto Cup Final?
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    @deepakc
    Totally agree that someone from MPL would make an ideal candidate to manage football affairs on national scale.
    I am not taking anything away from these lads But mizoram has always been good at this tournament. However age fudging is highly prevalent among teams from mizoram. I still recollect the team to which we lost to in district meet game, went to win the state level school meet and was the state's team to subroto cup juniors where they pumped a dozen goals per match only to be knocked out in final.
    The entire squad was way overage.This was some 8-9 years back.
    Till today it's always been a govt school that qualify from state and frankly speaking i am still skeptical of the age compliance.
    goalkeepardeepakc
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The MPL guy manage national affairs? Lets first wait to see who that guy is!
    EastBengalPride
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    edited September 2015
    Hell, no. He will definitely screw up things. Managing a nationwide league is infinitely more complex than running a m month league in tiny Mizoram.
    goalkeepar
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    How much worse could he do than the current lot??and obviously has footballing interest of the state/country as top of mind....what he has done with a very small market and an even smaller resources is nothing but phenomenal....no way Mizoram should be producing so much talent & their league should be so well planned and executed, purely on resource allocated...

But do we even see #aiff publicising the same?? Or even trying to learn lessons and pass on to other states... Their interest are so clearly on their personal bank balance that football has become way too incidental

The way the domestic calender has been changed within days to have a few half baked teams play what is being grandly called "ileague 2" is a case in point. There is no other reason but to ensure that #fifa/govt grants for junior WC are not impacted. We have all seen how much of govt grants in indian sports are actually used for intended purpose and hw much get diverted
    munna219777
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    no img in last comment @deepakc Strange!
    ( don't get angry mate, in your posts I always search for a keyword img!) :D
    reddevil87namewtheldatuljggopiajeeshgoalkeeparsam
    You really overestimate the Mizoram Premier League. It is basically a bit better than the Nagaland Premier League and we all know what happened there.
    Deb_Bankarenesudhakar2050
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I agree with your estimation of MPL but my point is if we had 20 states having even similar quality leagues from Aug-Dec while #isl is on so many of fringe/youth talent could develop by playing regular league football in a reasonabally semi pro environment...the best would then go on to play ileague 1/2/3 from Jan to may.....such a domestic season would still be sensible....but when did we last year #aiff ask states to develop state legues to promote talent??? PP himself has been heading WIFA for almost a decade with nothing similar on the lines.....the total blackout of domestic football before and during #ISL is surely unethical and maybe even down right illegal
    munna219777
    Agree on some areas.