Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Today going to opening ceremony of Delhi youth league .. Really like the concept of U8 to U19 league ..
    karenesudhakar2050kartik91
  • Money saved in their pockets
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Its sad that sports comes too far back in government agenda.....no way a federation should be able to openly make such statements while at the same time host events for retired footballers with salary cap of 20 crores.....

This is in your face robbery of taxpayers money which ofcourse PP is a past master of.....one of the most impactful civil aviation minister and now sports federation chief.....it will take a decade to undo the damage done by this gang ofbthieves
    munna219777
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited September 2015
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    If 8 academies were not feasible then why on earth try and open them? #PPChorhai #aiffchorhai
    deepakc
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    deepak u posted ur location as delhi earlier now mumbai. are u travelling to see which ISL franchise u want to support from the closet? ;)
    atuljgreddevil87kartik91munna219777rudra
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I am wondering why he is changing his tone now on retired players when the only retired player in the ISL is Roberto Carlos.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    edited September 2015
    As an #Indianfootball fan i am loving what i am doing professionally ....

Today i went for opening day of Delhi Youth League - DYL​ in Gurgaon ..

This is first time in India , i saw U8 kids playing competitive football match and it was fun to watch them play .

During one U9 League match there was one NGO called Kutumb from South Delhi and players of this NGO did not had any proper football gears and opposite side was proper Football Academy , Academy players parents were standing in the sideline with proper drinks and refreshment but when match started , players from Kutumb who basically are from Red lights area of Delhi performed so well even when they had one girl in their team and they won the match ....   Academy kids parents were like plz beta suns cream laga lo skin burn ho jaegi .....  bete drinks pee lee energy milegi , but nGO kids i dont want paaani match jeet ke piunga .

Really like the concept of the league , hope other part of India get same leagues 

•Delhi Youth League currently has 7 age groups (U-8, U-9, U-11, U-13, U-15, U-17, U-19)
    Each age group has around 10-12 teams
    Around 200 children per age category on average
    40% teams have children from disadvantaged background (are NGO teams which play without charge)

U8 and U9 plays 6 A side 
    U11 Play 7 A side 
    U13 and U15 play 9 A side 
    U17 and U19 Play 11 A side 

Big point of this league its started today and will go till March and April .
    Matches will take place every Sunday.. 

ArsenalFan700jithuvreddevil87karenesudhakar2050deepakcEastBengalPridekartik91DXspartafootydipand 3 others.