Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Ronny
    who are there in the Pailan Junior team???

Most probably IFA academy boys.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > > Ronny
    > > who are there in the Pailan Junior team???

>
    > Most probably IFA academy boys.

yes. no relation with Pailan Arrows
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > > Ronny

>
    > Most probably IFA academy boys. 

shouldnt it be aiff academy team??
    it would have been good exposure for them too

shankar
    > Joyptan said:

> > Ronny

>
    > Most probably IFA academy boys. 

For Aiff this local leagues are just not good enough to play in for their players. Look at arrows,although they are kolkata team now stil they don't play in CFL.

• > Joyptan said:
    > > shankar
    > > > Joyptan said:
    > > > Ronny
    > > > who are there in the Pailan Junior team???

> >
    > > Most probably IFA academy boys. 

>
    >
    >
    > For Aiff this local leagues are just not good enough to play in for their players. Look at arrows,although they are kolkata team now stil they don't play in CFL.

Exactly. These boys are better just playing against each other. Whenever they play other teams it usually ends in huge victories for the AIFF Academies.

PAILAN IFA JR. FOOTBALL LEAGUE - 2012-13

03.02.2013: EAST BENGAL 5-1 BNR (EB - FT..)

03.02.2013: MOHAMMEDAN SC 1-3 TOLLY. AGRAGAMI (KHARDAH - FT..)

03.02.2013: BHOWANIPUR CLUB 0-0 IFA JR. (HOW - FT..)

03.02.2013: ARYAN CLUB 0-0 PEERLESS (MAKARDAH - FT..)

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> alecs said:
    >

Thrilling finish to ‘Goal 2013’

http://newindianexpress.com/cities/kochi/article1447424.ece

Wait a min. I know one of the players in the photo. He was a part of Chirag Kerala (junior), was brought to India U22 camp (when the selections were going on) and was considered for Arrows, but failed to make it. And now he is playing Kerala college football, GREAT! If Vineeth had not been offered by Prayag, he would also had been seen in some office football
  • > rudra said:
    > > alecs said:
    > >

Thrilling finish to ‘Goal 2013’

http://newindianexpress.com/cities/kochi/article1447424.ece
    >
    >

Wait a min. I know one of the players in the photo. He was a part of Chirag Kerala (junior), was brought to India U22 camp (when the selections were going on) and was considered for Arrows, but failed to make it. And now he is playing Kerala college football, GREAT! If Vineeth had not been offered by Prayag, he would also had been seen in some office football

Sounds like he was just was not good enough for I-League so he decided to step down a level. Hopefully Eagles FC decide to use him the I-League 2nd Division. 
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

I dunno his standard, but he was like a 20 yr old fellow, who was being considered for Indian U-22. Let's say he was not enough among 30 odd footballers. But a player like him could have blossomed/nurtured in some club, even if sidelined. The problem is poor scouting. Again, Vineeth, if not had scored that amazing goal, probably wud have lost as well. A lot of these Kerala boys are poor when it comes to self-promotion. Mostly they are a bit shy and also have language problems. Plus, many are not aware of the different options they have. Only those who grab the eye balls by doing something really good, get scouted, others perish.

Shaiju Mon is another example. Many think because he was in Chirag Kerala squad he made it. Not really, he didnt play that much there. He was noticed in Kerala college tournament (before joining Chirag Kerala). And then he impressed in India u22 camp. 

There are players. In the villages of Goa, Kerala, Mizoram, Manipur, Kashmir, Punjab, Bengal etc. We got them, need to scout them out and have them in some sort of proper setup. That's why I am so much for youth and not interested in PIOs.