Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

PAILAN IFA JR. FOOTBALL LEAGUE

11.02.2013: East Bengal 0 - 0 Aryan Club (FT)

11.02.2013: Peerless SC 1 - 0 BNR (FT)

PAILAN IFA JR.LEAGUE

12.02.2013: UNITED SC 1-1 W.B.POLICE (FT)

12.02.2013: Eastern Railway SC 1-0 Kalighat M.S (FT)

ER : Preetam Ghosh

PAILAN IFA JR.LEAGUE

13.02.13: Mohammedan Sporting 1-4 Pailan Jr. (FT)

13.02.13: Bhowanipur Club 0-0 Tollygunge Agragami (FT)

edited February 2013

:: PAILAN IFA JR.LEAGUE 2013 ::

AFTER THE END OF KOLKATA LEG

East Bengal goes through from Group A with 7 pts from 3 matches.

Out of 3 matches EB won 2 and drew 1,with 7 goals scored and 2 concided.

Southern Samity goes through from Group B with 9 pts from 3 matches.

Out of 3 matches Southern Samity won all of them, with 1 - 0 wins every game.

Tollygunge Agragami goes through from Group B with 7 pts from 3 matchs.

Out of 3 matches Tollygunge Agragami won 2 and drew 1, with 4 goals scored and concided 1.

Eastern Railway goes through from Group D with 6 pts in 3 matches.

Out of 3 matches Eastern Railway won 2 and lost 1 , with 2 goals scored and 1 concided.

All those Group winners will face 4 District winners from 22nd feb in quarter final round.

edited February 2013

Meanwhile other 3 big clubs of kolkata

MB played 2 lost 1 & drew 1. One match got postponed to 18 th of feb. Even if they win that they stil can't progress to next round. They chould only finish as high as 2nd (if they win the last game) in Group B behind Southern Samity.

Mohammedan SC played 3 and lost all of them,with 2 goal scored and 10 concided. They finished last in Group C.

United SC(Prayag) played 3 won 1 and drew 2. With 4 goals scored , 3 concided and 5 pts they finished 2nd in Group D behind Eastern Railway(6 pts)

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    edited February 2013
  • > hadfadkar said:
    > 'Many countries pay lip-service to youth football'- AFC Tecnical Director Jim Selby
    >
    > http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2013/02/15/3752875/many-countries-pay-lip-service-to-youth-football-afc

So true. Every country has the players. Look at how many Indian kids post videos of themselves on youtube. It is how we find and nurture them that counts. That is why these AIFF Academies are great and the Pune FC Academy but we need to entice the other clubs to take up the same initiative. So far, the fact that only 1 I-League side has a real Academy is irrational. Many clubs have youth clubs but that is not enough.

Plus what is the AIFF doing to entice the clubs to make Academies. Surely that kind of investment would require a longer-better I-League U21. Personally I like what the Premier League did in England's youth league for 2012-13. They decided to split the Premier League U21 league into 2 Divisions. Basically the best Academies are placed in Division 1 while the rest are in D2. It pits the best and more dedicated against each other. It can work so easily in India as well. 
  • I think its the travel cost that will prevent that from happening. The I-league clubs are getting subsidies for travel for the first team, dont think they can afford to (or want) take kids around the country to play games, sadly.

• > kali007 said:
    > I think its the travel cost that will prevent that from happening. The I-league clubs are getting subsidies for travel for the first team, dont think they can afford to (or want) take kids around the country to play games, sadly.

True and something I never took into consideration before. Before I wanted teams to play at the training grounds or fly with the first-team and play the youth match on the Monday after the senior team plays.

So why not do it by region. Have 12 games each within your region with 4 games against teams outside your region. Use the training grounds as home fields. That would make 16 matches and then have a sort of "Final Round" in which you take the top 2 from each group and have them play each other once. So at the end of the season you would have a few teams with 21 games and the rest with 16.

Of course I did not go into more detail. This is just a basic idea.