Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Bangladesh is already ahead of us in youth development and Afghanistan will too! We just speak, have you heard about AIFF's plans for a 8-9 month long U16, U17 etc league? Because they don't have one. It's just lip service. Just a selected bunch of boys are being kept together doe years and millions being spent on them, only for them to warm isl reserve squads. That's youth development indeed. 
    goalkeepar
  • KoolKool USA186 Points

@eastbengalpride - Bangladesh is already ahead of us in youth development and Afghanistan will too! 

How do you say this? Based on what fact? Any statistics at U16/U17 level to support your claim?

AIFF's plans for a 8-9 month long U16, U17league? - They do have a league and more and more teams are participating, so many non-AIFF tournaments at school and club levels are happening. To have a 8-9 month league - you need to give them couple of more years, they are doing things step by step. You need to build the base and slowly move up. Do you know how many RFYC tournaments/matches are taking place at national and international level with PL teams for U15 level boys? These tournaments were not there few years back, but now they are reality. So progress is happening, progress takes time, like I said - give it 4-5 years and see how good our youth teams are. See our senior team does not good strikers right now - they are also learning the new system of play, their result is going to sufferer in the near future. They are going to improve as well over time and start producing results gradually. Lots and lots of positives happening, I am not saying everything is PERFECT but they are not as gloomy as projected. State governments needs to focus on local infrastructure to better the facilities in another area where lot of effort needs to be put in in future.

goalkeepargaffertapeEastBengalPrideDeb_Bangiridharanashindiamunna219777
  • KoolKool USA186 Points

@goalkeeper, @gaffertape, @EastbengalPride - how do you measure development in your opinion?

How do you say Bangladesh is ahead of us? If you could explain with supporting statistics it would be great for me to understand, than just blank statements as Afghanistan will be ahead of us too etc. As compared to youth development in INDIA. Then we can compare these two and find out which system is ahead and which is behind right?

goalkeepar
  • Dont worry @Kool..you will get to see it very soon!!
  • KoolKool USA186 Points
    @sanjeevBiswas - I am not worried at all … Just asking for some explanation on the statements made.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Facts will be better than explanations. Even after 5, 10, 15, 20 years we will struggle. 
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    lol even Guam and American Samoa is better than India
    giridharanPassi
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    SK Aus and Uzb in group...3 games 3 losses -30 Goal Difference
    EastBengalPrideNagendramunna219777goalkeeparPassiharitrams24
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    edited June 2020
    DEFENCE123 
    Saving your post..

This batch has good attacking players and we will score goals..

we will get more than 1 point.. u can also save my post..

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29249 Points
    India will probably beat Uzbekistan or drew,beat Australia or drew and lose vs south Korea
    jitug1979Deb_BanSiVPassiCarbon_14Ronnykartik91