Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• souravindiasouravindia 3602 Points
    See absolutely  unrealistic target. Issue is not loosing the game. I dont know if anyone has watched the game, the players just succumbed to pressure and lacked basic skills. You might be playing mighty Asian countries, but the ball falls 3 feet infront of you everytime you are receiving the ball? That's shit. And we dis not even try to go forward in first half. I mean Uzbekistan got atleast a 100 chances to score and they scored 1 goal. If you are trying to justify this, then God help us. I would have been fine loosing 3-0 but with a lot better temperament  at youth level and. alot more expansive. And you can go ahead and look at Bibianos tactics at the main Asian cup and before the main tournament in previous occasions also. No matter how good our team is, he will play defensive.
    Chelseafanashindiagoalkeepar
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Ronny said:
    A good team can make anyone look bad. This is a decent team of ours to beat/compete with tier2 Asian teams but not tier1 teams.This Uzbek team is definitely tier1 along with Korea, Japan, Australia and the Saudi one which beat us in the qualifiers. We are actually at Vietnam's level currently and that’s pretty good for now.
    What should happen next is that with a good keague and international games, this group should aim to reach the AFC u20 finals. Something that we have not done in a whileGive it as much positive spin as you want, the fact remains that we sucked as a team! And taking out Uzbeks from the picture, we still played horribly against Vietnam, a team you consider at par with us! Look at the match stats for possession, key passes, interceptions, shots attempted, on target etc. We lagged in all of them! We can't always take 3xcuses for our poor performance. Accept it and try to improve. Thats the best thing!
    Call me a sceptic but I think the previous batches were much better than this one - then used to fight against the big sides like Iran etc. But now...it's really pathetic! We need a better scouting system which can 9nly develop with proper youth leagues at both state and national levels. This current team does not even deserve to participate in this main event! They are 9nly good for qualifiers. 
    souravindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3701 Points
    ashindia said:
    We need to stop imposing these kind of tactics at U-17 level. It’s not Bibanos mistake as AIFF just wants results from couple of exposure trips in Europe. Uzbekistan is a far superior team in terms of Structure, physique and technique. 

AIFF should stop making unrealistic targets and instead aim to develop overall pool and structure 
    You are 100% right AIFF had super high hopes. Results don't come in months. They video dialled in before the asia cup and guess what the Kalyan and Shaji said. We expect you to make us proud and reach SF and qualify for the world cup on merit. They might have said things with not much thought. But when I was looking at it. I felt these guys are expecting instant results and adding super high expectations to those kids. You could see the pressure on their faces during that call.

We are not making excuses. We need to learn from our failures as much as we succeed. This team could always do with improvement. AIFF should support these kids as much as they did before the tournament. We need the structure and games. Our u-17 team will be worse on u-20 level. Blaming Bibiano alone single handedly seems unjust to me.
    Deb_Banindian_gooner
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    ashindia said:
    We need to stop imposing these kind of tactics at U-17 level. It’s not Bibanos mistake as AIFF just wants results from couple of exposure trips in Europe. Uzbekistan is a far superior team in terms of Structure, physique and technique. 

AIFF should stop making unrealistic targets and instead aim to develop overall pool and structure 
    You are 100% right AIFF had super high hopes. Results don't come in months. They video dialled in before the asia cup and guess what the Kalyan and Shaji said. We expect you to make us proud and reach SF and qualify for the world cup on merit. They might have said things with not much thought. But when I was looking at it. I felt these guys are expecting instant results and adding super high expectations to those kids. You could see the pressure on their faces during that call.

We are not making excuses. We need to learn from our failures as much as we succeed. This team could always do with improvement. AIFF should support these kids as much as they did before the tournament. We need the structure and games. Our u-17 team will be worse on u-20 level. Blaming Bibiano alone single handedly seems unjust to me.
    This is not the first time we played such defensive tactics. Last time we reached quarters under bibano we played exactly same way where more emphasis was placed on results.

I dont understand what is this approach of making it to WC only to train and spend money on 30-40 players for 2-3 years
    giridharansouravindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3701 Points
    ashindia said:
    ashindia said:

This is not the first time we played such defensive tactics. Last time we reached quarters under bibano we played exactly same way where more emphasis was placed on results.

I dont understand what is this approach of making it to WC only to train and spend money on 30-40 players for 2-3 years
    True that! Countries like Uzbek are not doing exposure trips but they all play an x number of games with a larger pool of players. We need to fix that before focusing on the results.
    goalkeepar
    ashindia said:
    ashindia said:

Exactly what I am trying to portray. Bibiano is expansive in non consequential games. But when it comes to the main tournament somehow he goes into a shell. Dont really know what goes pn in his mind
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9970 Points
    edited June 2023
    Bcoz he knows the reality.
    It's more like Chhetri s performance: he scores a hat-trick against Pak but cannot provide even an assistance against, say, Iran or Japan 🙂
    souravindiagiridharangoalkeepar
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    I think the high expectations of fans as well as AIFF came from the obviously sponsored and fawning media reports about this u17 team and how they beat Atletico Madrid and drew with real Madrid youth team! Fact is, after watching them, this team is absolute shit! They don't have basic footballing skills, no chemistry between players and they are tactically lacking. I agree with the point that Bibiano plays ultra defensive against strong teams. Against South Korea 8n that Quarterfinal our boys were merely hoofing the ball forward without any intent of trying to keep it or pass around. And the performance against Uzbeks yesterday was even worse. It looked like a 90 minute training session of attack vs. defense! The only positive I can gather from that match is that our defenders would have learnt a lot, having defended for 90 odd minutes! 

The only solution lies in having a proper u15 youth league with 25-30 odd teams at national level and also at the state level. Only from these leagues can we truly scout better players. Bcoz I refuse to believe that we don't have good players. Our scouting needs to improve. And maybe Bibiano needs to work under a better coach so that he can learn tactically. 
    souravindiagoalkeepar
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6505 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    Bcoz he knows the reality.
    It's more like Chhetri s performance: he scores a hat-trick against Pak but cannot provide even an assistance against, say, Iran or Japan 🙂
    Common bro. Chhetri never played against Japan. And he played Iran only once. Also Leave pot1/tier1 Asian teams aside, we remain toothless even against tier2/tier3 Asian nations without Chhetri on the field. 
    souravindia
    Uzbekistan is still tier In asian footballer according to me. Hence such defensive tactics was unwanted. Also remember we have defeated them 2-0 at home
    goalkeepar