Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    Chandigarh won the 58th edition of National School Football U-14 Tournament for Boys beat Bengal 4-3 in tie Breaker. The 59th Edition of National SCholl Football Tournament for Boys and Girls will start from tomorrow at Barasat Vidyasagar Krirangan. Beside Barasat Stadium the match will be played at Barrackpur SAP 1 and SAP 2, Khardah Stadium also.

U-14 Boys and Girls of 23 +2 State teams from India will be participate in the Tournament. U-14 boys team from all 25 and U-14 Girls team from 17 states will play the Tournament. 793 boys and Girls will play in the Tournament where 420 nos will boys and 294 will Girls footballers.

The Participating states are - Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Chandigarh, Chattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujrat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, IPSC, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Manipur, Mizoram, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamilnadu, Uttrakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Vidya Bharati, West Bengal and CBSE WSO.

The Final will be held at Barasat Stadium on 22nd January.

Today in a Press meet at Barasat Stadium ex-India International and Player of East Bengal, Alvito D' Counha and other high officials of the organising committee were present.

TOMORROW MATCHES - 17.01.2014

BOYS MATCH
    Chandigarh Vs Uttar Pradesh
    West Bengal vs Tamil Nadu
    Punjab Vs Rajasthan
    Delhi Vs Andhra Pradesh
    Karnataka Vs Vidya Bharati
    Madhya Pradesh vs Goa

GIRLS MATCH
    Madhya Pradesh vs Andhra Pradesh
    Madhya Pradesh Vs West Bengal
    Maharashtra Vs Jharkhand
    Manipur vs Gujrat
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Salgaocar beat Gujarat 2-0 in MUPC south west games olat Balewadi , Pune

Bengaluru FC take on Mumbai FC later in same group
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Bengaluru Fc beat Mumbai FC 1-0. Two wins in two games
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    basically those are AIFF academy boys not BFC boys !
    @7 negi..... they are not AIFF Academy boys...look at the picture on the BFC Facebook page.

The AIFF Academy don't participate in such tournament's as the games are not "proper" games according to Lord Baan & Sir Scott O'Donnel.
    The games are 20-25 mins each half with 5 subs allowed....
    And as our Elite boys are preparing for 40min halves with 3 subs...it wouldn't be good preparation for theor 30man squad X_X

But the BOCA juniors team in Pune is a private coaching organisation team and they are taking part and getting beaten heavily. All these kids are pay to play rich kids.

So the best U15 in India according to AIFF. .ie the Academy kids dont get to ahowcase their talent...but had they not been selected or stayed at an I league club youth team ..they would get better/ more opportunities

=D>
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    ridiculus stuff from AIFF and why the coaches trying to have shit rules like these. 

I hope the scouts are present there, to catch some young talents.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Good on Baan and Scott. As an american who has played high school soccer (unlimited subs with 40 minute halfs counted down) and Academy soccer (normal rules) i can say that playing in the artificial system ruins you if you are used to the normal 90-minute, 3 sub way.
    @ ArsenalFan700.... agreed in your case very different , you have High School Soccer in the Fall only, you have Club Soccer  year round,  (I'm sure you played some indoor soccer in NJ with shitty rules ) , you have ODP, and Region 1 etc.

Academy rules are the standard 3 sub rules, whilst College soccer has a variation of the unlimited rule.

But this is India, it 1 or 2 U-15 tournaments all year round MAX !! no U-14 league , except for Goa....

A few school tournament s, which are poorly organised on shitty grounds

All the AIFF Academy do at the moment is play friendly matches every week..... given that this is totally inadequate , why not use this tournament and send 2 teams an A and B ( or Blue & Orange for the sake of impartiality) 
    AIFF can't afford exposure trips, had they qualified , the best 20 could have gone to Thailand , and maybe to the UK to get valuable exposure...

Comparing US Club soccer to the non-existent set up , in this case doesn't work
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    But I was not comparing US Soccer to Indian youth soccer, more just comparing my experience in using two different styles. It just does not work for a player mentally. How does this prepare them to become professionals when they grow up in an environment where the time is shorter (kinda understandable for U14 and U15 games) and subs are almost unlimitied.

Once a kid has reached the U15/U16 level they should at least be playing at a level where there are 40-minute halfs (stoppage time optional) and around 5 subs maximum (in which players who come off can not come back on).

Its hard to explain because it does not make much sense but trust me, you can ask anyone who has played in any league with messed up rules and they will say the same thing, that it just messes with you and gives you a false perception on growing as a player.

As for my indoor soccer, I played futsal till I was 15. It was a separate league and organization from the Red Bulls.