Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Bayern Munich Cup in delhi this weekend... Bengaluru FC Under16 came from 2 goals down to tie Pune FC U16 but eventually lost on penalties

The 2 clubs that are taking youth development a bit more seriously than others. .good to see them getting some rewards
  • Does the size of a footballer matter? Can teams with 'smaller' boys be successful?

During my stay in India, I have heard that we need to adapt our style of play to suit the 'smaller' Indian players. This is a wrong notion. There is no style of play that is going to make a 'small' international team successful.

In fact, we are working with the state associations and concentrating on 'bigger' boys. Size is always a sensitive issue when you are dealing with young players but everybody is encouraged to believe that 'if you are good enough you are big enough.'

This is why i hate Colm Toal , due to this very reason he benched Zauva , Supratim, Issac and others because he feels they are not big enough....Rob says we need to adapt our gameplay according to size of our players toal says the opposite.
  • Size does matter in almost every matter, it depends if it is horizontal or vertical, but we all know what he is talking about. If the guys are good enough and talented, why bench them? I used to like that Colm Toal, I thought he would make a big impact and the end of the AFC under 19 qualifiers but unfortunately he didn't and I would blame him for the downgrade of this team. This is the same bunch of boys, except a few that made it to the next round. What did he really do with them for 3 years?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited February 2014
    I remember the IMG-R boys who went to the US, and having seen clips of them , they played some great football under the US coaches like Scott Dean and Tom Durkin

The India U-19 team takes on Bengaluru FC tomorrow at 4pm...and hope the likes of Supratim Bhattacharya and Mohd. Sajjid Dhoot , Uttam Rai etc. impress against the table toppers.

Had high hopes for those 3, ,maybe they will secure a contract after the game...
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    I remember the IMG-R boys who went to the US, and having seen clips of them , they played some great football under the US coaches like Scott Dean and Tom Durkin

The India U-19 team takes on Bengaluru FC tomorrow at 4pm...and hope the likes of Supratim Bhattacharya and Mohd. Sajjid Dhoot , Uttam Rai etc. impress against the table toppers.

Had high hopes for those 3, ,maybe they will secure a contract after the game...
    bc Toal wasted that team .. with his useless tactics 
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    size does not matter if you are skillfull..thats the universal truth
  • Size does matter, sometimes. AIFF Elite Academy lost to a physically strong Bengaluru FC: 0-4. Oh Robin Singh scored 3 goals and this time in the opponents goal, did I read that right?!

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Size does matter, sometimes. AIFF Elite Academy lost to a physically strong Bengaluru FC: 0-4. Oh Robin Singh scored 3 goals and this time in the opponents goal, did I read that right?!

Yes u did read right...robin scored at the right end
  • Robin plays well against kids. I hope he can reflect this performance in the I-league games and for the national team. Anyways, I just can't take this as a performance against 17 and 18 and a few 19 year olds. 

Good performance by the under 19 team as they lost only 4-0 to leaders in our national league that consist of foreigners.