Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited December 2014
    Alright great bashers of the Indian Super League and the lack of youth development... looks like we are nearing the very first youth academy by an Indian Super League side. What this means to the future of East Bengal and Mohun Bagan is to be decided.

bida 25 gopiajeeshfootydip
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 Focus on "they will be setting up". we have heard this thing many times for publicity and tax deductions. Bayern Munich was setting up academy, what happened? Airtel was setting up in Goa? If we get free land, we will make academy. Let them make first!!!
    :P
    Deb_Banashindia
    To be fair, Atletico de Kolkata has been pretty good on their promises so far. Also, unlike Bayern Munich they are actually an Indian side so they should have more initiative to do this and unlike Airtel, they are actually a club and they have Atletico Madrid to help build an academy from scratch.

You are right that we should not jump up and cheer yet but at least lets just acknowledge that something might happen and the ATK has been good so far (even though they are a sham).
    bida 25
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    ATK talked of an academy with SIX pitches, which is unheard of in Indian context (even the venerable TFA operates out of single pitch Keenan Stadium --  German team at SuperSoccer laughed on seeing that). I have faith on Ganguly; after all, he has seen more than anybody else on the circuit, and he has the balls to implement those. I will soften my stand on ISL if this materializes.

But he is not the sole decision maker in ADK. Lots of other current-undercurrent are there. This will send ADK's break-even point further into the future, and that may not have many takers among the owners. An easy way out would be a to set up Atleti Madrid schools which will give more marketing browny points and would help to stay in the news.

I am skeptic because ISL has only a 5-YEAR  contract with AIFF. Academies need broader time frame to be of any relevance.
    footydipArsenalFan700reddevil87bida 25 souravindiaashindiamunna219777
    Yep, you are 100% right! Who knows what is being thought of behind the scenes.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    There is an Indian youngster in spain how is he doing
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    ISL has 10 year contract with AIFF. @Deb_ban
    And from what I heard last after ISL got over is that, most of the teams will be starting their grassroots programme starting January next year.
    So chill and try to be optimistic. I-League clubs weren't doing anything till now. Let these people take their opportunity and develop academy. About 6 pitches, obviously they will be developing that at their pace. Its not that they are gonna make them in a go. As for ISL being redundant after that, of which many people are apprehensive about, doesn't matter. Academies don't need leagues. I mean obviously they act as feeder to the clubs but in that case we will certainly have your beloved I-League then. Won't we??

Dada has very good relations with Mamata Banerjee. Maybe they will work it out to get cheap land.
    ArsenalFan700
  • bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    @mohammmed Abneet Bharti is doing well, he is regularly playing for the u-16 and sometimes for u-19  in Vallaloid 
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Mumbai FC launch their first ever Football School - a stepping stone to producing future footballing heroes.

Every #HeroISL Clubs should follow this , instead of posting articles in newspaper or website they should implement things in ground level as shown as possible .

Mumbai FC inaugurated its first ever Grassroots Football School in the city yesterday. The launch marks an important day in the history of Mumbai FC and as it looks to produce home-grown footballing stars who would go on to represent both club and country.

Under-8 Category

· Age group 6 to 8 years old

· 540 hours in three years

· Training 3 days a week

· Session Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes per day

Under -10

· Age group 9 & 10 years old

· 432 hours in two years

· Training 3 days a week

· Session Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes per day

Under-12 Category

· Age group: 11 & 12 years old

· 768 hours in two years

· Training 4 days a week

· Session Duration: 2 hours per day

Mumbai FC and Millennium Sports aim to start 8 Grassroots Football Schools by March 2015.

For enrollment enquiries please contact:

Mumbai FC Football School
    Location: TMC Play Ground, Near Kashinath Ghanekar Sabhagruha, Thane
    Akash Patil - +91 9833074978
    munna219777