Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• souravindiasouravindia 3668 Points

Well footballers should not get the brunt of misfortune created by the state FAs..its their fault for selecting overaged players. I bet there were underage players who were not selected for winning..why should they suffer..

impose hefty fine and state player selection for next 2 years should come under the ambit of AIFF or any partner it deems fit

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29708 Points
    so we got the title?
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    Goutam Gosh was doing a good job with the same set of players. He should be handed back the charge , before the BRICS cup.
    munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    new coach spoiling everything ! he was charge in bengaluru academy ! players already complaint abt long ball tactics and awkard training method to !
    munna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    They should normally trash i-league age group teams 5-0 6-0

But 0-0 draw shows there standard
    Not the best team
    munna219777
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    Over 400 footballers found overage with medical evidence in IFA U-14 league. IFA is reluctant to publish names as they don't want to end their career.
    souravindiareddevil87
    Again it started with big two .... no offense just a discussion (I am also a supporter of a Kolkata team). They wanted to win everything even in U-14 stage, so one teams started fielding overage footballers and another followed. Rest of Kolkata clubs also did the same to survive as humiliating scoreline can end a coach / junior teams' life. As rightly said by IFA president Utpal Gangully that these clubs need to understand these age group tournaments are to develop popularity of football and grow interest among kids that they take football as their sport / profession. Just imagine what a kid of 16 years will do if an official offers him a place in U-14  team with assurance "nothing will happen".

I personally know a goalkeeper who was 21 when he represented Mohunbagan in U-16 national league.

At the same time I saw a match of U-19 east bengal team in East Bengal ground where coach Tarun Dey instructed one forward to stand in offside position intentionally. East Bengal midfielders started playing overhead ball towards him, opponent defenders didn't chase the ball knowing the striker was in offside position and suddenly another striker will start sprinting towards the ball (who was onside) receive it calmly without any challenge and score past the goalkeeper and the striker who was in offside position with hands up pose start celebrating. - with this sort of  tactics you may overcome an inexperience U-19 side of say JCT or Mahindra but will they stand a chance against Asian opponents?
    namewtheld
    @dhritiman that's what Everton did against Man UTd last week
    Mohun Bagan SAIL academy asks 21 year old players to bring under 16 certificate

One guy who joined Der academy by doing that told me

Also Subroto cup is big age fraud tournament
    dhritiman7
    I missed that and accept that that is a good strategy but age groups tournaments are not particularly for strategy, these places are to get basic footballing things right.
    rudra