Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    In case someone doubted what i was saying...
    :-w
    http://montevallofalcons.com/sports/msoc/2014-15/bios/kathuria_soham_jpbb

Still a long way to go....but better than sitting at Mamurdi ground and changing your age before going onto be the next Nikhil Kadam !
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    @gaffertape I totally understand the malnutritioned angle but  I thought North eastern Village kids eat super healthy food and are quite strong for kids their age. Their diet is full of boiled veges and Meat unlike North or South India.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29708 Points
    gens make the difference in height not food. food is important for buildup of the body and bones.
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    I think the point is being lost here....
    I have nothing against short technical NorthEastern kids....i am a big fan of Uttam, Udanta, Bidyananda types... Xavi and Iniesta made it big....(but might have struggled in UK)

My pount is...that India's middle class is growing..and the ISL is targetting them...

Whilst Mizo and Manipuri villages will always produce the talents...as will Gurdaspur and such outreaches of Punjab. .. so will the little hamlets of Kolkata suburbs. ...

But the moat likely to make it abroad...(not EPL. ..yet)... will most likely come from a tier 1 or 2 city...and a reasonable upbringing.
    The socia economic stability and basic education also helps in development of a youth (player)

There are 3 BFC youth who might spend a year in Spain and return ( due to lack of game times) they will also be encouraged by their parents and my company to go to the US and get a degree....if they return in 4 years...i don't see any reason why they can't follow in Eugeneson's footsteps
    munna219777RonnyNaujawanfootydipreddevil87coolgagan
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    Nicolai will be at Palzor stadium tomorrow and day after.....just hoping he doesn't walk away like he did in Shillong...Sikkim Football Association conducted U14 league some months back and has selected 50 kids from the tournament , 8 teams participated in that tournament/league those who could not make it to tournament have already missed the bus.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @gaffertape I understand your point about growing affluence of Upper Middle Class and how parents are now sending their kids to US Universities for Undergrad. My fear is that then Football will become a supplement to their SAT Scores and the target will be to get Admission or scholarship in US Universities. Will they play Football seriously after their goal of reaching US is achieved? Are we increasing pool of players in India? Will these kids ever play Club Football in India forget about National team?
    Deb_Ban
    @gaffertape You're absolutely right.  So what are you suggesting really to tackle this and  make the most out of what we have in abundance?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    You need to maintain performance in order to keep the scholarship... they take it away if you don't take the sport seriously. Unless I am missing your point here.
    Linking up with good schools and having a separate training academy as an affiliated academy might cut cost.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That is what LA Galaxy do. They don't just pay for any college but the college they are affiliated to which is also the one their stadium is in.