AFC U16 CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Yea i hope they play the I-league U-20 champions..<div><br><div>a match with Pailan arrows is also possible with the league also all but over...</div></div><div>There should be at least 2 matches against international matches to get the idea of how the team is shaping up</div>
  • shankar wrote:
    Yea i hope they play the I-league U-20 champions..<div><br><div>a match with Pailan arrows is also possible with the league also all but over...</div></div><div>There should be at least 2 matches against international matches to get the idea of how the team is shaping up</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Maybe one could be against Pakistan and another against some East-Asian team or OFC team.</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    edited May 2012
    How about having a match between U-16 and U-23 as practice for both of the teams?? Though I think it would too much for U-16 to ask for!!!
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    ..very exciting new to hear the IMG U16 & Inid aU16 will be integrating together..i do hope they form a killer combo...Asia here we come..<br><br>Very true about the practise matches. Palian arrows + local U20 teams and perhaps 1 international outing will give is a idea of how the team is gelling<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>The players themselves will in in u22 camp...but then why not have a u22 vs u16!!!</div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think daniel is from CFA academy chandigarh
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    usaindia wrote:
    i think daniel is from CFA academy chandigarh

<br><div><br></div><div>Yea he is from CFA...</div>
  • Pedro GonzalesPedro Gonzales 223 Points
    edited May 2012
    Doesn't the seeding for the AFC U16 tournament seem whacky? A few examples:<br>1) Yemen beat Kuwait 2 - 1 and topped their group after finishing undefeated but Kuwait is in pot 2 and Yemen in pot 3.<br>2) Thailand won all 5 games including a 3 - 2 win against Australia but is in pot 4! Australia meanwhile, are in pot 1.<br>3) Iraq and Iran ended tied on points, but Iraq won their group on goal difference but is in pot 2, while Iran is in pot 1 (okay, they were basically tied and Iran is the host, this one I understand)<br>4) Oman and Syria were tied on points and Oman won the group on goal difference but is in pot 3 while Syria is in pot 2.<br><br>Technically, you could end up with a group like Uzbekistan, Japan,
    Yemen, Thailand, where all of them were
    group winners in the qualifiers!<br><br>Given these anomalies, I think the group that would be the most favorable for India is: Australia (2nd in their group), Kuwait/Syria (2nd in their group), Saudi Arabia (3rd place and only qualified because Afghanistan was disqualified for fielding an overage player) & India (2nd in our group). I think we would stand a good chance of finishing 2nd in such a group.<br><br>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Actually! damn it didnt strike me! The group toppers should have been in the same pot. Otherwise whats the use of topping if you could qualify finishing second.
  • On hte other hand, with our luck, we'll probably get the toughest group possible.<br>Uzbekistan/Iran (Group topper / host), Japan / Iraq (Group toppers both), Yemen (Group topper) & India<br><br>I really wouldn't mind that too much either. It would give us a chance to play 3 tough games, and since we'll probably not qualify for the quarter finals, we can stay under the radar for a few more years giving these kids the chance to continue to improve without too much scrutiny. That would give them the chance to really stun the world at the next Olympics in 2016 followed by the World Cup in 2022! Too much to ask?<br>