AFC U16 CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10468 Points
    Some more impressive results of U-16 team based in Goa:<br><br>India U-16  <b>7-0</b>  Sporting Clube De Goa <b>U-18</b> (Daniel Lalhlimpuia scored a brace while Sayan Dutta, Rupert Nongrum,
    Isaac Vanmalsawma, Vinith Rai and Viveka Nanda scored one apiece.)<br><br>India U-16  <b>1-0 </b>Salgaocar <b>U-18</b> (Daniel)<br><br>India U-16  <b>2-1</b>  Sporting Clube De Goa <b>U-19</b>(Daniel and Lalramzuava scored one apiece.)<br><br>The final phase of the Preparatory Camp for the AFC U-16 Championship to
    be held in September resumes in Goa on June 1 when the batch of U-16
    Indian boys presently based at IMG Academy, Florida joins the home-based
    U-16 National squad. Mr. Colm Toal, Head Coach Youth Development, will
    stay charge of the Camp. <br>Source AIFF<br>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Those are great results! I want to see a match between India U16 batches of Goa vs IMG. I m really intrigued about the effectiveness of IMG
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Now the most difficult thing is to gel these these two different teams into good one...<div>and if they are gonna play a practise between them then it should be mixture of both the teams and 2 teams of 5 players each from from IMG and goa or something</div><div>or else it would be a disaster to see them not gelling together in main tournament...and the result wont be the same one which is visible infront of us</div><div><br></div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    Daniel Lalhimpuia rocks !!!
  • souravindiasouravindia 3600 Points
    Daniel and Uttam would be a good team upfront
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    i agree with Shankar, and I have a feeling that the u16 team (in India) and the u16 team (in USA) would be better than the mixed u16 team
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    rudra wrote:
    i agree with Shankar, and I have a feeling that the u16 team (in India) and the u16 team (in USA) would be better than the mixed u16 team

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>i guess there is still some time for the tournament. a month long camp would be sufficient to have understanding and co-ordination b/w players from both teams. we want best players from both teams to represent India .</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Exactly. They will probably play 3 practice games as well and they have till September or October (forgot which one) before the tournament.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Exactly. They will probably play 3 practice games as well and they have till September or October (forgot which one) before the tournament.

<br><div><br></div><div>Any intenational youth teams or just another practise games with i-league youth teams???</div>
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Exactly. They will probably play 3 practice games as well and they have till September or October (forgot which one) before the tournament.

<br><div><br></div><div>Any intenational youth teams or just another practise games with i-league youth teams???</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>My guess is with I-League youth teams.</div><div><br></div><div>Your idea about the I-League U20 champions vs India U16 should happen as well.</div><div><br></div><div>Maybe one against an International side.</div>