NEHRU CUP 2012

AdminAdmin 240 Points
edited June 2012 in Indian Football Team
The Nehru Cup 2012 football tournament is scheduled between 16th-26th August 2012. AIFF is expected to invite strong European and African teams this time.<div>Afghanistan might also feature in it. The fixture/schedule and telecast/broadcast details will be updated in the first post.</div><div><br></div><div>The previous 2 editions of nehru Cup were won by India in 2007 and 2009.</div><div><br></div><div>We will also share Nehru Cup 2012 Live Streaming links. </div>

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    there was no news about nehru cup in the story
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    he AIFF will hold the SAFF football tournament in December 2011, Nehru Cup football tournament 2012, international matches, domestic tournaments and for the rest of the 40 days, it will hold coaching camps and clinics. The AIFF, on its part, will have to repair/re-lay the turf on the main pitch at the stadium at its own expense.
  • This is great news, hopefully we could do a two stadium Delhi tournament so we could also use Ambedkar
  • lets write down our dream teams which we would like to see them in this edition.
    firstly no syria..i'm sick of that team 2 times.
    assuming it to be a 5/6 nations tournament my choices would be
    1. albania
    2. yemen
    3. bolivia
    4. zimbabwe
    5. hong kong
  • mmj.mattmmj.matt 144 Points
    edited March 2012
    lets write down our dream teams which we would like to see them in this edition.
    firstly no syria..i'm sick of that team 2 times.
    assuming it to be a 5/6 nations tournament my choices would be
    1. albania
    2. yemen
    3. bolivia
    4. zimbabwe
    5. hong kong
    Smart
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited October 2011
    Qatar
    Bahrain
    Thailand
    Korea DPR
    Kuwait/Iceland/Iran/UAE
    India
    if such teams are invited i am not expecting them a victory but good exposure will come
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Kuwait: Coz we needa prove 9-1 was a fluke!
    Malaysia:competetive but beatable team
    Vietnam:competetive but beatable team
    Yemen
    Angola
    Jordan
    Canada:Is a formiddable team. not accustomed to our conditions. friendly nation, might come if asked to
    Togo
    Iraq:Was in the scheme last time may be we can get them this time around
    Namibia
    Thailand: We can beat them. will b huge morale booster

Any 6 of these teams should be great. My topmost preffered teams are in bold
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    costa rica
    guyana
    wales
    poland
    morocco
    angola
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited March 2012
    somesh wrote:
    Kuwait: Coz we needa prove 9-1 was a fluke!
    Malaysia:competetive but beatable team
    Vietnam:competetive but beatable team
    Yemen
    Angola
    Jordan
    Canada:Is a formiddable team. not accustomed to our conditions. friendly nation, might come if asked to
    Togo
    Iraq:Was in the scheme last time may be we can get them this time around
    Namibia
    Thailand: We can beat them. will b huge morale booster

Any 6 of these teams should be great. My topmost preffered teams are in bold

Getting Canada would also be amazing because there are so many Indians living there + a few canadian-indian comedians like Russel Peters and from youtube you got Jusreign and AKAmazing living there
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited March 2012
    usaindia wrote:
    costa rica
    guyana
    wales
    poland
    morocco
    angola

Wales will be tough to get as I doubt they would want to play in a cup that won't do them much in FIFA ranking. We could though get a All-Welsh league team here but thats it. I really doubt that players like Aaron Ramsey and Craig Bellamy want to play in this cup.

Also Poland has EURO 12 to look forward to as they are hosting it.

Morroco I would like to see here though just don't expect players like Chamakh to play for them here though.