Official India Women's Football News

Comments

• > rudra said:
    > > munna21977 said:
    > > Crowd attendance is a positive thing. 4000 in Navi Mumbai for India Womens team. Why dont Mumbai FC play there at Navi Mumbai? I doubt they get 4000 in Pune?

Navi mumbai doesnt have a proper gallery.
    and I can guarantee if any of the i league clubs play there there wont be any significant attandance...this is all because Netherlands girls came to play, so people just went...I am sure you know how these things work in India
    > >

You dont even need to be from India to know that. Its the same in every other country. In the US when the womens team played Costa Rica in Connecticut we had 40,000 show up. After that people starting calling for either an MLS or WPSL (Women's Professional Soccer League) team in that state but then other people with brains knew that the only reason people showed up for the match was because the US had just became world Olympic champions and that an MLS or WPSL side would still do bad.

Also in Australia they are hosting AFC Asian Cup matches at the Canberra Stadium yet they refuse to make a Canberra franchise in A-League. Why? They know the A-League one would be a failure.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

Just saw the news in print editions as well saying India beat Holland 1-0 esp mentioning the rank of the defeated team as 14th. What a scam

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> munna21977 said:
    > Crowd attendance is a positive thing. 4000 in Navi Mumbai for India Womens team. Why dont Mumbai FC play there at Navi Mumbai? I doubt they get 4000 in Pune?

Did AIFF report said that attendance as 4000??
    i was to the match and i can guarantee the atmost capacity would have been 1500... but you can say packed..
    as it was a ground of college that is what is the capacity you can expect from it

also it was free entry so why not they fill the stadium??
    1st season at cooperage is whatt could give us a clear picture of the ability of mumbai to host 2-3 i-league clubs 
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

so to summarise India Women team made up of Over 23 year old gals defeated a Dutch team comprised of girls mostly between 17-19 year olds?..

hmmm....still i suppose the publicity is good.. rob bann bless hm he is doing a lot of things behind the scenes...i suppose he had a hand in the dutch teams visit

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> shankar said:
    > > munna21977 said:
    > > Crowd attendance is a positive thing. 4000 in Navi Mumbai for India Womens team. Why dont Mumbai FC play there at Navi Mumbai? I doubt they get 4000 in Pune?

>
    >

Did AIFF report said that attendance as 4000??
    i was to the match and i can guarantee the atmost capacity would have been 1500... but you can say packed..
    as it was a ground of college that is what is the capacity you can expect from it

also it was free entry so why not they fill the stadium??
    1st season at cooperage is whatt could give us a clear picture of the ability of mumbai to host 2-3 i-league clubs 

Since, I have been also there I thought the same (about 4000) but it seemed to be a small lie compared to the kinds circulated
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

My Indian Womens Football source Juhi Shah with Dutch U23 or whatever team in Mumbai with green jaket.

http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/4f42407863fa11e289bf22000a1fa4a9_7.jpg

The player next to her is @RSCHERPENZEEL (twitter id) and she is a football player of CTO Amsterdam as @mcruic said.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > My Indian Womens Football source Juhi Shah with Dutch U23 or whatever team in Mumbai with green jaket.
    >
    > http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/4f42407863fa11e289bf22000a1fa4a9_7.jpg
    >
    > The player next to her is @RSCHERPENZEEL (twitter id) and she is a football player of CTO Amsterdam as @mcruic said.

its not dutch u23 or whatever..

Its CTO Talent team...all players except 1, under 19

I don't have a concrete source for that,thats why duch U23 or whatever team.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > I don't have a concrete source for that,thats why duch U23 or whatever team.

I have

rudra
    > Joyptan said:

> I don't have a concrete source for that,thats why duch U23 or whatever team.

I have

Then share that with me.