Official India Women's Football News

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Because of the lack of professional leagues (there are really only like 5 leagues that are professional for women, the US, England, Japan, Germany, and France) and semi-pro (Sweden, Netherlands, South Korea) there is really no set "FIFA dates" for international football. For example, only today the English women took on the Japanese women's side. No one else really played.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for if the AIFF took it seriously: You are doubting the huge disparity between the top nations and the sides ranked around 20. The United States women (Ranked #1) managed to beat China's women (Ranked #17) 4 times in 4 games back between December and March. In two of the matches the US beat them in the scorelines were 4-0 and 5-0.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The difference in quality is amazing really.</font></div>
  • kali007kali007 0 Points
    edited June 2013
    I agree that their is a hand full of team that are power houses and are near on impossible to beat. There is alot of work to be done to get to that level. When i said rise up 10 spots, i mean from 50 to 40 in ranking not into 10th spot, sorry if that was confusing. I just feel that we dont need a massive overhaul but just give the girls a fair crack. More games, have more training on fitness and tactics and India can climb, once we get to 40 - 30 then get really serious. Just my opinion, also disclaimer i dont know to much about the ins and outs of the womens team, so dont cut me down too badly.
    kali007 wrote: »
    I agree that their is a hand full of team that are power houses and are near on impossible to beat. There is alot of work to be done to get to that level. When i said rise up 10 spots, i mean from 50 to 40 in ranking not into 10th spot, sorry if that was confusing. I just feel that we dont need a massive overhaul but just give the girls a fair crack. More games, have more training on fitness and tactics and India can climb, once we get to 40 - 30 then get really serious. Just my opinion, also disclaimer i dont know to much about the ins and outs of the womens team, so dont cut me down too badly.

<br><div><br></div><div>Ya, I was rushing and missed when you said 10 spots, sorry there :D In that case I agree. More exposure would do well with these girls.</div>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    if there is major rise indian girls may attract those semi-pro league and may get contract from them...playin regularly is important...
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 30px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Rural Jharkhand girls headed for Spain for donosticup</span><div><a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Rural-Jharkhand-girls-headed-for-Spain/articleshow/20782989.cms">http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Rural-Jharkhand-girls-headed-for-Spain/articleshow/20782989.cms</a></div>;
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I saw kali's post and realized so many Indians have their concept of FIFA days screwed up. It doesnt mean that only o FIFA days u get ranking point or more points than other days. Fifa days r set aside so that the players r free from club committments
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    namewtheld wrote: »
    I saw kali's post and realized so many Indians have their concept of FIFA days screwed up. It doesnt mean that only o FIFA days u get ranking point or more points than other days. Fifa days r set aside so that the players r free from club committments

<br><br>Exactly haha <br>
    namewtheld wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>DING! DING! DING!</div>
  • kali007kali007 0 Points
    You learn something new everyday. :-B