Salgaocar News

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > gaffertape said:
    > > No Club in India picked up the overweight Josimar at the end of last season...'ffs even Friday & Ebi Sukore were signed by Lajong in an attempt to be the new Mumbai FC of the League !
    > >
    > > Now Booth wants to sign Josimar !!
    > > he makes a bunch of excuses, then signs a player thats way past it !!
    > >
    > > When will Indian clubs get over their obsession of aging English coaches ? the likes of Booth & Bulpin are not good for the Indian footballers development. Salgaocar had a load of youngsters with potential that have been released, so the coach can get the rest to get it wide, cross and big target man to score....
    > > Good luck finding players to play your style Mr Wim
    >
    >

Okay... I will be truthful here. I agree with you on most of your points but I completely disagree about British managers. First of all, I think its obvious that Shillong Lajong know what they are doing. Do they really want to make the top. Its obvious that they are looking to the future and thus why even a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds are starting at the club. Dont expect stuff from them straight away.

Also keep in mind that Trevor Morgan is English and look at what he is doing with East Bengal. He is doing very good at the club. Undefeated in Federation Cup and I-League, keeping a very brilliant defense if I say so. He is also developing some fine youngsters. Robin Singh is slowly getting back into it. Arnab Mondal is on fire. Gurpreet Singh Sandhu is easily the best goalkeeper in India and could be in Indian history. He is also using the Calcutta Football League correctly by using back-ups. You cant fault him at all.

My point about British managers was referring to the Old School , lump it forward coaches like Houghton,Bulpin, Booth NOT Trevor Morgan.
    TJM is a modern breed of coaches and its obvious from watching his training sessions, and his team play.

Lajong have gone backwards since last year, they have always played youngsters.Last season against East Bengal they played 2 players who were 18 & 16 and both their goalkeepers were Under 21 , so nothing new there.

Have you seen Lajong play this season ? its embarrassing, Air India (your favorite team) were the better team on the field.
    Not wanting to drag this into a off field performance debate... Lajong and USFC have defaulted on payments to players over the last few years. 

My point is, there are tons of talented young Indian & foreign coaches, that we don't need to be going back in time (football styles) & hampering development (modern fitness, coaching techniques), and out dated tactics with the likes of these coaches.

Booth is struggled at Salgaocar and all he has done is alienate players & make excuses. any fool can do that

• @Gaffertape :p You just dragged it back :p . Deep down I know United Sikkim and Shillong Lajong should not be in I-League. Same with Mumbai FC and probably a bunch of other clubs in I-League. Non-payment in say the J.League, MLS, K-League, or even the 2nd Divisions or 3rd Divisions in those countries would see your team expelled and I dont know why action is not being taken in I-League. Perhaps IMG told AIFF to wait till the Super I-League or something like that.

Just to stay on that point, it just further shows how far behind India are when it comes down to these things. We should have seen that United Sikkim and Shillong Lajong, along with Mumbai FC, Sporting Goa etc were ready for the I-League instead of just allowing them in because they managed to beat a bunch of amateur sides. They were never ready for the I-League.
  • As for the coaches. I agree. David Booth (from what I saw against Pune) are a very poor side in terms of style of play. I remember watching a more not full on passing side but much more watchable side than this seasons. I dont think its the players but its the coach and they way he uses them. Salgaocar did not even start the season badly... Semi-Finals in the Federation Cup!!!

As for Bulpin... I only saw the United Sikkim match this year and honestly I was more worried about the 5 minutes I wasted watching it.
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

GOA PRO LEAGUE 12-13
    SALGAOCAR FC VS DEMPO SC
    KICK OFF @ 4 p.m.
    PJN Stadium, Margao - Goa
    LINE UP FOR SFC: ROSARIO, DINESH, PAWAN (GK), BEEVAN, CAJETAN, MEITEI, ASLON, NICOLAU, KEEGAN, MARCUS & GODFREY
    SUBSTITUTION:AL ­BINO (GK), FULGANCO, COLLIN, ROYSTON, KARAN, CLIFTON, GILBERT, VINAY (GK), ALLWYN

GGGGGGGGGOOOOOA ­AAALLLLLLLL
    12' DEMPO SC 0 - 1 SALGAOCAR FC
    BEAUTIFUL BALL BY U-20 PLAYER ASLON OLIVEIRA TO MARCUS MASCARENHAS WHO TAPS OPENLY IN THE GOAL....

GGGGGGGOOOOOOAA ­AALLLLL
    17' DEMPO SC 0 - 2 SALGAOCAR FC
    RIGHT FOOTER CROSS BY T. DINESH TO K. M. MEITEI FINISHES BRILLIANTLY GIVING DOUBLE LEAD

GGGGGGGGOOOOOOA ­AAAAALLLLLLLL
    DEMPO SC 0 - 3 SALGAOCAR FC
    LONG THROUGH BALL BY GODFREY TO ASLON WHO MADE NO MISTAKE IN NETTING THE BALL

GGGGGGGOOOOOOAA ­AAALLLLLL
    40' DEMPO SC 0 - 4 SALGAOCAR FC
    MARCUS FED BALL TO ASLON FINISHES IN STYLE

65' substitution for SFC
    In Royston, Out Godfrey

70' substitution for SFC
    In Clifton, Out Aslon