Salgaocar News

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Spotted Joshimar today at the stadium. He was having a chat with Churchill. Hopefully Salgcr will sign him soon after checking his fitness levels.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Domnic said:
    > Spotted Joshimar today at the stadium. He was having a chat with Churchill. Hopefully Salgcr will sign him soon after checking his fitness levels.

he will be a good signing.... hopefully david booth stop complaining and start getting results with the given resource and 2-3 more signing if possible
  • > Domnic said:
    > Spotted Joshimar today at the stadium. He was having a chat with Churchill. Hopefully Salgcr will sign him soon after checking his fitness levels.

Are we sure Salgaocar want to be a big club again?

Salgaocar follows the sinusoidal waveform. One yr relegation and next year champion. We have seen it before. These signings are just to save this season, not long term ones.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

No Club in India picked up the overweight Josimar at the end of last season...'ffs even Friday & Ebi Sukore were signed by Lajong in an attempt to be the new Mumbai FC of the League !

Now Booth wants to sign Josimar !!
    he makes a bunch of excuses, then signs a player thats way past it !!

When will Indian clubs get over their obsession of aging English coaches ? the likes of Booth & Bulpin are not good for the Indian footballers development. Salgaocar had a load of youngsters with potential that have been released, so the coach can get the rest to get it wide, cross and big target man to score....
    Good luck finding players to play your style Mr Wim

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited December 2012

> Ashlesh said:
    > i have seen him training...if i was the coach i would not have signed him 

> Ashlesh said:

People are taking Salgaocar for granted, using at as a club to make some easy money for 1 year before moving on...

Chidi , Wadoo did it last year and now the likes of Booth and his crony of players..

Sad to see one of the better run clubs in India going down this road.
    Also hearing some of the players are very unhappy with Peter Valles as he is the one passing the judgement on the players to Booth.
    Booth hasn't even seen some the the players play before they were released.

They need some good local youngsters to add some quality and passion into the team, and I doubt he will know where to find them.

@Ashelsh Are they still training at the BITS ground?

• > gaffertape said:
    > No Club in India picked up the overweight Josimar at the end of last season...'ffs even Friday & Ebi Sukore were signed by Lajong in an attempt to be the new Mumbai FC of the League !
    >
    > Now Booth wants to sign Josimar !!
    > he makes a bunch of excuses, then signs a player thats way past it !!
    >
    > When will Indian clubs get over their obsession of aging English coaches ? the likes of Booth & Bulpin are not good for the Indian footballers development. Salgaocar had a load of youngsters with potential that have been released, so the coach can get the rest to get it wide, cross and big target man to score....
    > Good luck finding players to play your style Mr Wim

Okay... I will be truthful here. I agree with you on most of your points but I completely disagree about British managers. First of all, I think its obvious that Shillong Lajong know what they are doing. Do they really want to make the top. Its obvious that they are looking to the future and thus why even a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds are starting at the club. Dont expect stuff from them straight away.

Also keep in mind that Trevor Morgan is English and look at what he is doing with East Bengal. He is doing very good at the club. Undefeated in Federation Cup and I-League, keeping a very brilliant defense if I say so. He is also developing some fine youngsters. Robin Singh is slowly getting back into it. Arnab Mondal is on fire. Gurpreet Singh Sandhu is easily the best goalkeeper in India and could be in Indian history. He is also using the Calcutta Football League correctly by using back-ups. You cant fault him at all.
  • shankar
    they have released a good set of players for teams like USFC, Dodsal fc or even crowd favourites like ONGC air india to select from

lets see what is coming now

plz tell the names whole set of players.

• kshitij USFC said:

shankar
    they have released a good set of players for teams like USFC, Dodsal fc or even crowd favourites like ONGC air india to select from

lets see what is coming now

plz tell the names whole set of players.

i recommended gadkari to our coach.

Ashlesh said:
    i have seen him training...if i was the coach i would not have signed him 

Joshimar is not signed yet. He is on trial. Lets see what happens. Even if he can just stand and finish the chances then that would be enough . As Salgcr create tonnes of chances but dont score.