Salgaocar News

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > If Sandesh moves to Air India...... I will cry.

if you see the options he have.... no top8 current posn will go for him given that they have already good players in that position
    so left with 2 goan teams(of which one is salgaokar itself and i dont see scg going for him),2 NE clubs(slfc wont need him as they need midfileder so may be go for malswamkima and for usfc slight chance they may go for him) and other two are air india and ongc(of which on any day air india is better club)

so realistically air india will have 60% and usfc for say 30% chance that they would sign him and 10% for rest of clubs on the basis of squad situation
  • > shankar said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > If Sandesh moves to Air India...... I will cry.
    >
    >

if you see the options he have.... no top8 current posn will go for him given that they have already good players in that position
    so left with 2 goan teams(of which one is salgaokar itself and i dont see scg going for him),2 NE clubs(slfc wont need him as they need midfileder so may be go for malswamkima and for usfc slight chance they may go for him) and other two are air india and ongc(of which on any day air india is better club)

so realistically air india will have 60% and usfc for say 30% chance that they would sign him and 10% for rest of clubs on the basis of squad situation

Good points. But still, I will cry over anything that will help Air India or ONGC stay up. :)
  • > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > >

Good points. But still, I will cry over anything that will help Air India or ONGC stay up. :)

one of them is definitely stayin up ... whether u like it or not :-P

• > sanvedjadhav said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > >

one of them is definitely stayin up ... whether u like it or not :-P

>
    >

Na, I believe Salgaocar, United Sikkim, and Sporting Goa will get better.
  • so will air india... :-P (they do it every season) :))

• > sanvedjadhav said:
    > so will air india... :-P (they do it every season) :))

Na, not this time. Trust me on that one. I am willing to bet on that!
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Usfc and ongc/AI to go down.

• So if Salgaocar are releasing their foreigners then we should guess who they will bring in to replace them. Obviously Luciano Sabrosa is staying (however this should be his last year, he is 33 for gods sake).

I think they should bring in Frédéric Mendy who currently plays in Singapore for Home United. He was top scorer in the 2012 S.League with 20 goals. He is a Frenchman as well. They should also bring in Phil Younghusband of the Philippines. He plays in the Filipino League and has been a beast in that league. It is time he took a step up. If you can sign him then it would be a huge signing but I hear that he is to big over their in terms of popularity so it will be hard to convince him to leave.

Then finally I feel that Salgaocar need a defensive midfielder. Sign Teemu Tainio. A defensive midfielder, he is 33 years old and is a free agent currently. He recently played for the New York Red Bulls in MLS before being released just a month ago. He is very good for his age. He used to play for Tottenham as well and Ajax and Sunderland in the EPL. He was a regular at those clubs. He will be willing to join I-League at this moment. I think he knows that is all he can do.

So overall Salgaocar would have 4 foreigners from Brazil, Finland, France, and the Philippines. That would certainly look good.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Lucian sbbrosa & Teemu Tainio for god's sake the both r 33.

• > Joyptan said:
    > Lucian sbbrosa & Teemu Tainio for god's sake the both r 33.

And. Trust me, Tainio is still a very fit player. He played 14 games this season. Started 9. 

In 2011 he played 28 games out of 30. He started all 28 of those games.

He can easily play for Salgaocar for this season at least. There are only 16 games left.