AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• jees_josejees_jose 210 Points

India  out....Philippines already 6-0 up....

• ashindiaashindia 9384 Points

8-0 is the scoreline,phils were down to 10 men in 84th min but they managed to score 2 more goals despite the disadvantage.

• hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

India’s final hopes to qualify for the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup in the Maldives came to end with the Philippines winning their Group E qualifer 8-0 against Cambodia on Sunday.

http://www.chrispd.de/wordpress/2013/03/24/indias-final-2014-afc-challenge-cup-hopes-come-to-an-end/

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

I guess it no longer matters wat afc does with brunie game now...

They got the games on fifa dates n took advantage..maybe all groups should have been on same week of fifa matchdays...

• neither we gotta chance to play big asian giants in qualifiers
    now we lost to smaller teams and unable to qualify

• i support afghanisthan now....prove the world and to those talibanni terrorists what u can do

• Shah476Shah476 240 Points

Yeh i think they have good chance...palestine n filipines wont get most overseas players i think due to non fifa dates.. if afghanistan can get some more big names in team..will help em big deal. Id back palestine n afghanistan too...

• Terp13Terp13 47 Points

Pathetic but at the end of the day we only have ourselves to blame. Why did Cambodia even want to play if they were not going to send their senior team?

• > Terp13 said:
    > Pathetic but at the end of the day we only have ourselves to blame. Why did Cambodia even want to play if they were not going to send their senior team?

If I were Cambodia and I knew that we had a chance to have our U23 players play against a bunch of Euro based players for the Philippines then I would have done it as well.
  • BadBad 5146 Points

Lol!!!!!This Tournament Was a Big Lol.Not because we didn't qualify but overall it was so unorganized.

We should actually be ashamed of ourselves.It wasn't as if we deserved to and we didn't.Eg)Champions League Semi-Finals and Finals Chelsea deserved to loose but went on to win.This wasn't the case with us.We actually dont have any excuses.

Believe me if Wim would have chosen atleast  7 out of the 11 players who genuinely deserved to represent India we would have won the group but in this this team only 2 out of the 11 deserved to start.Sunil and Subrata desrved to start in this team rest didn't.Not only we lost a ASIA cup slot BUT ALSO AFC CHALLENGE CUP Place(if WE WOULD HAVE QUALIFIED AND REACHED THE FINAL STAGES IN 2014 OUR RANKING WOULD HAVE AGAIN ROCKETED JUST AS IT DID JUST NOW).

JUST IMAGINE 2 wins jump of 24 places and 5 wins in AFC CHALLENGE CUP(tournament win) would have made us jump 40--50 place a possible top 100 ranking.

Concept of Lucky loser if it exists then the group should be same for all.

Another fact-Now Tajikistan will reach their highest ever ranking (a jump of around 40places from 152 to around 110) and that too by beating Macau and Pakistan.This is Hilarious for sure.