FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney have been great!!!! But @Preetam I am with you... GERMANY!!!!!
    @munna219777 That matters because? What he did 4 years ago does not matter, what he has done over the last year to four years does.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    England is much hyped team they have only 5-6 good players others are hyped
    They don't have any future
    Clubs in pl some times play 1-2 English players inly
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Last 2 wc means 8 yrs then y u r nt talking abt messi and ronaldo...leave wc they cant even won continental cup...so is that means they are waste ...no ...its team game
    @mohammed_87hassan I want you to rethink that statement. Do you watch these players or do you just go with what fans on a football forum say?

Believe it or not, this England team is actually pretty good. Much better than the one bought to the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Joe Hart is finally on form and showing off his potential and part of the reason why City won the Premier League this season.

The defense is probably England's weak spot but regardless it is still a very good and youthful selection. Glen Johnson on the right may be the only weak spot. Phil Jones and Chris Smalling who also play there sometimes may also be weak for the right so ya, we are exposed there but in the middle I have confidence in the CB pairing of Phil Jagielka and Gary Cahill. Both players have just come off excellent seasons for their clubs and Cahill even made the PFA team of the season and also part of the reason Chelsea did not fuck up as much as they could of. While on the left we have Leighton Baines and Luke Shaw. Both players are decent in defending and threatening when on the attack. This is are strongest point, so strong that even an on-form Kieren Gibbs did not make it.

In the midfield, we have a VERY strong selection. Experienced verterans like Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard who have been pretty good this season and very effective in terms of their leadership at club level will add something to this England team. James Milner will come in as a dark horse as he is usually very underrated as he is surrounded by stars at City... yet he always seems to play a lot and be in the middle of most of the goals created. Wierd. Jack Wilshere and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain I don't need to explain...world-class players. Ross Barkley, Adam Lallana, and Raheem Sterling... if you watch football then I don't need to explain these three to you guys. Jordan Hernderson meanwhile is our weak player here but he will probably be a bench option.

And in the attack. Wayne Rooney has carried his Manchester United team this season. Adding five more goals than what he scored the previous season, he has improved his fitness, commitment, and even his role in the MU team to where he is seen for his qualities as a leader as well. Meanwhile Daniel Sturridge has improved dramatically from what he was at Chelsea and City. He is threatening now, he is a team player, and he is using his pace to good use finally. Him and Rooney will make an impressive partnership this World Cup. And then in reserve we have Ricky Lambert, the good story of a player who finally made it into the Premier League at age 31 and still does well, proving age to be a dumb factor. Perhaps Danny Welbeck is the weak player here but he can be dangerous on his day as well.

Am I saying this England team will win the World Cup, no, but I would not be surprised to see them make the quarters or even semi's.
    edited May 2014
    I dont agree dude .......just check the competition for German and Spanish team........england having such great league barely have competition...........
    They are hyped just for EPL
    I seen alot but can those players like OX or Wilsheire or Barkley are they consistent
    They are nowhere near Likes of Chile,Belgium,Columbia

England was dominated by Chile last year in london if im right

They are just hyped

They wont even make it to knockouts for me
    Spain barely made it past Georgia and Belarus at home. They lost to South Africa. They even drew Chile at home!!!!! They were losing at halftime!!!! Germany drew Poland at home. They only beat Chile 1-0 and only beat England 1-0.

Yes, they are better and again I am not saying England will win the World Cup but what some people say about the England side is wrong and just says a lot about whether they actually make there own opinions through watching the players or through "world-class" analysis from newspapers and fans.

You are a delusional fan if you think we can't make it past the group stage. OX and Wilshere are consistent when they play you bellend. Barkley is literally the best midfielder for Everton! 
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    This is best england team and prob. Make qf entry
    Ox ain't consistant after Barren match he had offtime
    Barkley and Sterling are good
    Wilshire is injury prone
    He was picked because if not him Tom.Clevery was only option for him
    Lets stop this fight and watch world.cup

Any one now's what Indian state time will it get telecasted