I-League 2012-13 Round 1

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

> Ronny said:
    > Guys how many of you think Subhash singh of PFC is a better striker than Manan and Robin..I mean he atleast deserves to be in the India camp

Im one of the bro,I think he's one of the fastest Indian players.He's of great use I think Wim should consider him in next squad atleast.

• RonnyRonny 10457 Points

> jees_jose said:
    > Guys how many of you think Subhash singh of PFC is a better striker than
    > Manan and Robin..I mean he atleast deserves to be in the India camp

I think he is good but lacks in physique. He is short looks like 5'6 or 5'7 max. Not good enough for a striker.
    You havent seen him clearly..he has a pretty decent physique now..and scores good opportunistic goals not like tap ins of Manan and Robin

• Ashlesh

well we can call this empty stadium but there will fans around 1 or 2k in other stand probably 

pune sud play their home matches in mizoram. :p
    atleast ppl will come to watch jeje.
    so far i hv felt n seen that people know PFC only of presense of JEJE.

• Joyptan
    Yes good result for usfc. The win will give them lots of confidence and fans something to look up to and they whould be even more proud of there local team.

i mean more the relegation contenders lose more advantage for us.

• the stadium is empty due to various reasons..... stadium on outskirts of the city, no public transportation available, match held on monday, opponents were ONGC....and maybe lacking publicity and coverage from the local media.............but does some1 notice the most beautifully maintained i league venue with proper floodlights and a decent grass pitch here?

• Just a question... Why is there a hatred of Mumbai FC here?

• > sanvedjadhav said:
    > the stadium is empty due to various reasons..... stadium on outskirts of the city, no public transportation available, match held on monday, opponents were ONGC....and maybe lacking publicity and coverage from the local media.............but does some1 notice the most beautifully maintained i league venue with proper floodlights and a decent grass pitch here?

Well one reason is that Balewadi complex is owned by Central Government-not state govt (Thanks to Kalmadi). Central govt sports ministry owned venues have more funds and they maintain it whether it is grass turf or floodlights. The problem happens when any stadium goes in control of state government. then state politicians only use stadium for 26 january/15 august parade, marriage tent, political rallies and do not maintain it. remember 4 years it took for them to fix floodlights at Fatorda stadium and we do not know when they will repair floodlights of salt lake stadium calcutta.  Cooperage ground is owned by association so it has its own problems as it can face bullying by vested interests (local builders lobby who fear their flat value goes down if stadium is there). FIFA knows the incompetence of local governments  (remember ranchi/jamshedpur stadiums for federation cup) thats why they are giving artificial turf that atleast some football can be played.

• OKAY! Round 1 is officially over: WHO IS YOUR PLAYER OF THE WEEK!

I would rather we do Foreigner of the week and Indian of the week and then one of them you choose as player of the week.

For me...

Foreigner of the week: Ranti Martins.
    Indian of the week: Lineker Machado.

Player of the week: Ranti Martins.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

it would be good if we can find some kind of tv ratings for the i-league matches.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Player of the wk : Dawson Fernandes, only bcoz he single handedly gv Okpara a tough time. There may be better players but they surely had a lot of assists. Especially Ranti.