Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    It beats me why the club has to start all over again. They were never relegated from IL2, they just took a break. While I agree that was not the best thing to have done, but it is also pertinent to give them back what was their rightful place. Only the management is changing.
    This club had produced more players than the other city-based club (LMAO) cloud-based Chennaiyin FC.
    Btw, who are the new owners?
    No new owners. What club again? When the dust settles only EB MB will survive. 
    giridharanDeb_Ban
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    edited March 2023
    Can anyone help me with information on which state FA's are due elections?

Were the term is over for years but state FA officials are still holding power 

Tamilnadu and Himachal Pradesh are two would require info on others too
  • samsam 16526 Points
    The Hero Tri-Nation International football tournament will be broadcasted LIVE on StarSports 3 and streamed on Disney+ Hotstar.
    giridharanindian_goonerNagendraashindiakartik91Abhishek
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    Apuia not selected again..looks like he is injured..Sivasakthi, Mehtab, Lachenpa deservingly make it to the NT for the first time.. Bold of the coach to rightly put Sahal and Liston in the standbys
    giridharangoalkeeparthebeautifulgameashindiaindian_goonerkartik91Abhishek
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30177 Points
    edited March 2023
    Igor Stimac names provisional squad ahead of Hero Tri-Nation International Football Tournament

Senior Men’s National Team head coach Igor Stimac announced a provisional 23-man squad for the Blue Tigers’ camp that begins in Kolkata on Wednesday, March 15, 2023.

Team India will train in Kolkata in a five-day camp, before travelling to Imphal, where they will play the Hero Tri-Nation International Football Tournament, at the Khuman Lampak Stadium from March 22 to 28, with Myanmar and Krygyz Republic being the two opponents.

Out of the 23 called-up for the squad, 14 will report to the camp on Wednesday, with the other nine (players from Bengaluru FC and ATK Mohun Bagan FC) joining on Match 19, one day after the Hero ISL 2022-23 final.

Eleven players have also been named as the reserves, and will be called up for the camp only if the necessity arises. The final list of 23 players for the Hero Tri-Nation International Football Tournament will be announced after the completion of the Hero ISL final.

Provisional squad:

Goalkeepers: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Phurba Lachenpa Tempa, Amrinder Singh.

Defenders: Sandesh Jhingan, Roshan Singh, Anwar Ali, Akash Mishra, Chinglensana Konsham, Rahul Bheke, Mehtab Singh.

Midfielders: Suresh Wangjam, Rohit Kumar, Anirudh Thapa, Brandon Fernandes, Yasir Mohammad, Ritwik Das, Jeakson Singh, Lallianzuala Chhangte, Bipin Singh, Glan Martins.

Forwards: Manvir Singh, Sunil Chhetri, Sivasakthi Narayanan.

Head Coach: Igor Stimac.

List of 11 Reserves:

Goalkeepers: Vishal Kaith, Prabhsukhan Gill.

Defenders: Subhasish Bose, Pritam Kotal, Asish Rai, Narender Gahlot.

Midfielders: Liston Colaco, Nikhil Poojary, Sahal Abdul Samad, Naorem Mahesh Singh.

Forwards: Ishan Pandita.

https://www.the-aiff.com/article/igor-stimac-names-provisional-squad-ahead-of-hero-tri-nation-international-football-tournament

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30177 Points
    Good to see Ritwik, Rohit Kumar and Yasir but I thought Mahesh should have made it to the main squad
    goalkeepargiridharanindian_goonersouravindia
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    edited March 2023
    I was unsure about Mahesh's physicality. It could be that or just our midfield being packed already. I am more surprised that Nandhakumar did not make it 
  • samsam 16526 Points
    Tri Nation Cup - March Intercontinental Cup - June
    SAFF CUP - June. Asian Games - July
    Merdeka Cup Tournament - October 
     2026 World cup qualifiers - November.
    Ronnyindian_goonerAbhishekkartik91
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Nice packed year for our NT! Hopefully Stimac can utilise these games to find out the successor to Chettri by playing alternative strikers for majority of game time and using SC for the last 10 minutes to maintain his fitness for the Asian Cup in Jan. We need Chettri match for for that as it'll be his last tournament. Plus he needs a reliable striking partner. I really hope Vikram Pratap and Rohit Danu are selected 8n future matches. 
    indian_goonerAbhishek