Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    I have my doubts in regards to FC Madras. It's good they are investing in youth football but they've already took lots of bad steps. 

I just don't belive in an academy headed by Shanmugam Venkatesh who famously failed AIFF C License test as India's assistant manager And Abhisek Yadav. There is no active youth football in Chennai. Who are they going to play in competitive matches ?

They can Invest how much ever they want but they will struggle because of lack of good coaching and competitive football. 

Also I've given up on fancy residential academies. As someone put it out on twitter Lots of countries like Uzbekistan, Syria, Iraq etc don't have the fancy academies like we do but will trash us in football.

We lack any sort of investment in grassroots ( U-6, u-8, u-10) and always think U-14 and U-16 filled with age frauds is the development period for football 

giridharanDeb_Bangaffertapeindian_goonergoalkeeparashindiaEastBengalPride
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3659 Points
    BFC is the only club focusing on below u-13 level. An example is when Odegaard was 13 he worked 24 hours of training weekly and playing around 40 games in a year. Unless we do half of the above we will never have a player pool which is good!
    gaffertapeindian_goonergoalkeeparAbhishekkartik91
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    They could have chosen a better name than Madras FC! I mean who calls the city Madras anymore?? The name itself will not allow the locals to connect with the club on an emotional level. And unless you build a local, loyal, passionate fan base for the club, it will never be successful.
    Deb_Bangaffertapeindian_goonergoalkeepargiridharanEastBengalPride
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    They could have chosen a better name than Madras FC! I mean who calls the city Madras anymore?? The name itself will not allow the locals to connect with the club on an emotional level. And unless you build a local, loyal, passionate fan base for the club, it will never be successful.
    Madras sounds cooler than Chennai. The city was known as Madrasapattinam before British renamed it Madras and it's still used a lot in city. Lots of local buisness, lots of movies and other stuff still use the term Madras. 

The word has some sentiment behind it 
    goalkeeparAbhishekindian_goonergopiajeeshkartik91
  • AbhishekAbhishek 461 Points
    Nice packed year for our NT! Hopefully Stimac can utilise these games to find out the successor to Chettri by playing alternative strikers for majority of game time and using SC for the last 10 minutes to maintain his fitness for the Asian Cup in Jan. We need Chettri match for for that as it'll be his last tournament. Plus he needs a reliable striking partner. I really hope Vikram Pratap and Rohit Danu are selected 8n future matches. 
    Guys just checking, are Vikram Pratap, Rohit Danu and other former U-18 talents getting game time in the ISL?? (Have been off ISL this year)
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    How can I watch the match from outside India?
    Please post a link if you find any.
  • RonnyRonny 10460 Points
    They have received enough game time but have not been impressive..In Siva's absence Vikram could have been given a go at the camp..Danu was out first half of the season due to injury and made a decent comeback but unable to score since Manolo plays him out of position as a winger
    dev_pfcAbhishekgiridharan
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Danu needs to play in I-League and as a striker. As a winger he will always be inferior and will never flourish 
    RonnygoalkeeparAbhishekgiridharankartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10460 Points
    A talent like Danu needs to regularly play as a striker even if it's I league.. he flourished too fast and is now warming benches or playing out of position..maybe Hyd should loan him out..heck even make him play for NE United
    Abhishekgiridharan
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29260 Points
    Unless danu accepts he is 29, he has no future
    giridharanPassi