Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    It makes no sense to play full strength side in SAFF Cup! Plus we need to prepare our u23 side for Asian Games this September as well. It would be better to make a separate u23 team for Saff and Asian Games consisting of those players who are just breaking into the NT or are mainly on the bench. Even I League performers can be included in that. And please, do not include Chettri with this team! That guy is 38 yrs old and we need to preserve him for WCQs and Asian Cup! Plus we need to learn to play without Chettri so that we can adjust to a post Chettri world. 
    Ronnynamewtheldindian_goonerashindiakartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Stimac was so scared due to lack of scorers that he made Sunil play the full 90 in both games..he needs more offensive players and needs to eventually use Chhetri in the last 30 minutes or so.
    Chelseafan
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3624 Points
    Ronny said:
    Are we sending our u23 to SAFF or maybe this time we will play full strength senior team?
    I would rather send our senior team and not mind getting more games under the belt. Many have played only 20+ games and max 25 games. Also, our national team needs more games to gel up. Stimac kept chopping and changing. Would be nice to get close to a stable XI
    Ronnynamewtheldindian_goonerashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3624 Points
    Ronny said:
    Stimac was so scared due to lack of scorers that he made Sunil play the full 90 in both games..he needs more offensive players and needs to eventually use Chhetri in the last 30 minutes or so.
    I don't think it's Stimac's fault,  Apart from Chettri even the mid, or our wingers don't score much. Our def has atleast scored against weaker physical teams in set pieces Hoping Changte would change that dynamic. But generally as we have seen Changte or Bipin at international level have not been scoring/ creating chance as much as we would like. Also Rahim and Manvir got plenty of chances to prove their mettle. I am more disappointed at Rahim because he got more opportunities to play in his natural position in club level and national level. Manvir has to go to another club and reestablish himself. He can't jeopardize his career this way.

I don't think any coach wants to take a chance with other strikers in ISL with current state. Hope Siva makes a comeback and plays in SAFF. He needs as many games as we can give!
    Deb_Banashindia
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Hero Super Cup 2023 ticket rates: 

Qualifiers at Manjeri
    ● Standard ticket rate: 150₹
    ● VIP ticket rate: 250₹

Matchday tickets (Manjeri & Kozhikode)
    ● Standard ticket rate: 250₹ (Two matches)
    ● VIP ticket rate: 350₹ (Two matches)
    giridharanindian_goonerkartik91
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    India drawn alongside Japan, Vietnam and Uzbekistan in Group D for AFC U17 Asian Cup, Thailand, to be held in June.
    Nagendranamewtheldindian_goonerashindia
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    I have hopes against Uzbeks and Vietnam but this is a pretty good Japanese team. In December they beat Chile and drew with Paraguay. Fingers crossed..we start with Vietnam , then Uzbeks and finally Japan
    souravindia
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    Very very tough group
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Thats like a group of death for us. It is imperative to get a positive result against Vietnam and a bare minimum draw against Uzbeks. Against Japan I have no hope. But then we did best Qatar u17 3-0 just a month back, so....
    giridharanashindiasouravindia
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    The only other player who can score barring Chhetri is Siva to be fair. The rest just have pretty bad finishing and look very goal shy

Salam Johnson Singh, Irfan Yadwad, Ayush Chikara, Suhail Bhatt and Senthamizh are other forwards who have potential to be good if they get consistent chances.

Irfan Yadwad still has the highest ceiling out of the rest. Needs to sign for a club who'll actually help him progress 
    giridharansouravindiadeepak dedhaindian_goonerPassikartik91