Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29736 Points
    sam said:
    When is ISL starting this year?
    Late September as far as I remember, exact dates not declared yet
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29309 Points
    AIFF set to reintroduce Sudeva and Kenkre into I league as both Trau and Neroca are set to withdraw from I league due to ongoing violence in the state and there players being half Kuki and half meiteis have refused to play together, both Manipur club says they are in no state to sign other state players.
    Deb_BanRonnysouravindiaindian_goonerashindiagiridharanAbhishek
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9976 Points
    I think AIFF should have continued with two less teams. Bringing back relegated teams is a retrograde step. Twelve teams would have better player distribution as well. Next year, two more teams could come up.
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3439 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    I think AIFF should have continued with two less teams. Bringing back relegated teams is a retrograde step. Twelve teams would have better player distribution as well. Next year, two more teams could come up.
    no. give chance to the 3rd and 4th place in i league qualifiers.
    Deb_Ban
  • ashindiaashindia 9265 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    New clubs are yet to confirm except Bengaluru United and Inter Kashi 
    giridharan
    Salgaocar SC is back in Goa pro league from next season under new ownership will target isl promotion in future, club is not dead. 
    NagendraDeb_Banindian_goonergaffertape
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Its good to get the 2 relegated teams back, although I am extremely sad for the 2 Manipur clubs! Our players need more matches and thus more the number of teams, better it is. 
    And I want to talk about clubs losing money. Why can't AIFF starts fantasy league sort of system, like Dream11 for IPL, where fans can form their dream teams with I League players. It will raise money as well as increase fan interaction and participation. 

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9976 Points
    edited July 2023
    Its good to get the 2 relegated teams back, although I am extremely sad for the 2 Manipur clubs! Our players need more matches and thus more the number of teams, better it is. 
    And I want to talk about clubs losing money. Why can't AIFF starts fantasy league sort of system, like Dream11 for IPL, where fans can form their dream teams with I League players. It will raise money as well as increase fan interaction and participation. 

I think it's better to have 3rd and 4th ranked teams in IL2 than take back the relegated teams, as @indian_gooner has suggested. Recycling relegated teams messes the system and demotivates the aspiring teams. The next best thing would be to run the league with two less teams, if quality of players from lower rung is a concern.
    I second the idea of having a fantasy league out of the IL teams for making IL more popular and for raising money, though I doubt it's acceptance.
    Don't worry, I had talks with Trau and Neroca representative recently and they told me they will play in I league from different states, Trau will play from Guwahati Assam and Neroca will play from Mizoram, there is no tussle between there multi ethnic players and the news spread by Sudeva and Kenkre management is fake, Neroca has already started signing foreginers.
    NagendraashindiaDeb_Banindian_gooner