Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Good news. Indian Sports Ministry has allowed Indian football teams, both men and women, to participate 8n Asian Games. I am so excited for the NT to get more international match experience. Just hope they don't pick oldies like Chettri, Jhingan or Sandhu as the 3 over 23 age players for this. Let the youngsters learn to play without the experienced players. 

Shared by Indian Express android app 
    Click here to download 
    ashindiaAbhishek
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C4023 Points
    I think picking someone like Jhingan or Sandhu does not hurt. They also need players who have been there and can help them perform to their best. Guys like Changte/Jhingan/ Chettri/Sandhu are very helpful in that aspect. Chettri can go and be in the bench as we have a hectic schedule this year. He is going to be 39. But I will not send some senior players for namesake. Also this is a good opportunity to bring Sana back to the shape. He has been out of football action for the last 2 months. He is finally back now from riots. Will be good for him to help this team and get back to shape before Asia cup.

How many leaders can we see in this U-23 batch? Hardly none. Though there is some familiar faces like Akash Mishra, VP singh, Vishal, Jeakson singh and Sivasakthi. This team will benefit from having senior players like Thapa/Sandhu/Chettri/Jhingan. Anwar Ali seems like a good leader for the future. 

This is a good tournament for Irfan and Siva to get exposure with some senior players on bench to fill in and set expectations for international football. We will suffer in this tournament in my opinion. That should be completely ok. Most of the players in this squad hardly featured fully in previous season.
    Ronnyindian_goonerAbhishek
  • SukunSukun Mumbai365 Points
    Aiff needs Chetri more than anything now,He is a good marketing factor,His name and inclusion can be one of the point by Aiff while lobbying for Asian Games.He is the biggest name.Also credit goes to Kalyan Chaubey and team for successfully lobbying and getting green light.Last time no one made any consistent efforts.Wish we do good and there can be something from Indian football that can make us proud in Asian Games.
    giridharanashindiaindian_goonerAbhishek
  • samsam 16533 Points
    sam said:
    sam said:
    This has always been the story. No idea why they do it in every Asian games. Thia ranking till 8th is shit.
    I think this time Kalyan will get in done at the end
    What fans, players and Stimac are saying today, I told it long back.  ;)
    SukunDeb_Banashindiaindian_goonerAbhishek
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    The logic behind not selecting cherri, Jhingan or Sandhu for these games would be to let the youngsters learn to play without having the 8nsurance of these senior players. Bcoz 8n a year's time, most of these seniors will retire. The young players need to learn to rely upon themselves only  and absorb the pressure of international football. This u23 team is the future NT. Let them play together in u23 AFC qualifiers and in Asian games so that these guys get to bond well playing with each other. In seniors we can select Thapa, Brandon (since he missed out on summer games in June) and Changte. 
  • samsam 16533 Points
    edited July 2023

India's men's football team have been grouped with China, Bangladesh, and Myanmar for the 2023 Asian Games, while the women have been grouped with Chinese Taipei and Thailand. Details:

Men's draw (all groups but D have four teams):

Group A: China, Bangladesh, Myanmar, India

Group B: Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Mongolia

Group C: Uzbekistan, Syria, Hong Kong, Afghanistan

Group D : Japan, Palestine, Qatar

Group E: South Korea, Kuwait, Thailand, Kuwait

Group F: North Korea, Indonesia, Kyrgyz Republic, Chinese Taipei

Top two teams of each group and four best third-placed team will advance to the round of 16.

Women's draw (Groups A, B, C have three teams; D and E have four):

Group A: China, Uzbekistan, Mongolia

Group B: Chinese Taipei, Thailand, India

Group C: North Korea, Singapore, Cambodia

Group D : Japan, Vietnam, Nepal, Bangladesh

Group E: South Korea, Hong Kong, Philippines, Myanmar

The top team from each group and the three best second placed teams will advance to the quarterfinals.

indian_goonergiridharankartik91
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3506 Points
    good. but i want the league to start from august itself just like european leagues.