AIFF's Master Plan 'Lakshya'

Comments

• And now I disagree. The "Super I-League". Again this is just IMG-Reliance just shoving this shit down our throats. I really do wonder how this can help. We are downgrading the current I-League clubs. What will happen with a club like Pune FC who work hard to help Indian football? What will happen to that investment Prayag United put into their club? Dempo SC?

I dont get why we cannot do what Japan did. Japan saw the failing Japanese Football League and then revamped it and created a new J.League. Why cant we just take 10 clubs from the current I-League and have them be the main teams. Mohun Bagan, East Bengal, Prayag United, Pune FC, Mumbai FC, Dempo SC, Churchill Brothers SC, United Sikkim FC, Shillong Lajong FC, Bangalore or Delhi team. Done. Why is that so hard. 

And it does not have to happen straight away. The AIFF and IMG can talk to the owners directly and have perhaps take these clubs and have them be part of an amazing I-League. 

Currently the proposed Super I-League would only be 2-3 months long, involve "star" players who honestly no one knows in India (Who knew Jay-Jay before the BPLS). Also how can that help the I-League? What if a current I-League player gets injured? Will his I-League club be compensated? How can we be sure more fame would come to I-League from this? How does this reward clubs like Pune FC for their work? Many of these questions need to be answered for why this shit idea is still floating around.

Also I dont get the new Federation Cup format... Would that mean that the I-League clubs would not be allowed to play in the State Leagues. What if all 4 I-League teams occupy the top of the state league table. Would the 5th placed team in that league be allowed in the Fed Cup.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    >Currently the proposed Super I-League would only be 2-3 months long, involve "star" players who honestly no one knows in India (Who knew Jay-Jay before the BPLS). Also how can that help the I-League? What if a current I-League player gets injured? Will his I-League club be compensated? How can we be sure more fame would come to I-League from this? How does this reward clubs like Pune FC for their work? Many of these questions need to be answered for why this shit idea is still floating around.

Also I dont get the new Federation Cup format... Would that mean that the I-League clubs would not be allowed to play in the State Leagues. What if all 4 I-League teams occupy the top of the state league table. Would the 5th placed team in that league be allowed in the Fed Cup.

After Money Talks in India so Super I-League to stay much to our displeasure :(

the fed cup format means thats ileague clubs shall come in 14 + 2 stage and clubs from state cups to participate

• Yes but how will it help. I saw nothing in there about how we can improve the current I-League. If anything that section proved to be advertisement for the Super I-League. They are leaving the I-League to die and then have the Super I-League take over. Investment wasted, partnerships wasted, efforts wasted... all in the name of the Super I-League.

Why cant IMG have some sense and just improve the current product instead of complicating things. FOOTBALL IS NOT CRICKET. To different sports... two different league structures.

Also another question... How would the Kolkata franchise of the Super I-League do? Can you really have another football club in Kolkata that is as well supported as East Bengal or Mohun Bagan?
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    hadfadkar wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>The clubs also should think of asking their players who are at later stage of their career to do such courses and get themselves coaching licenses which could help the players have a career post retirement and also the clubs could get advantage of having ex-players managing youth teams as well</div>
    Pune FC suggest that to their older players but other clubs???
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    archak wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Shillong Lajong also do this; ex Lajong GK , Gumpe Rime was groomed last year as a GK coach, they sent him to do his C licence </div><div>And this year he went on the AIFF GK course in Mumbai before taking over full time as Youth coach.</div><div><br></div><div>He is now set to join TFA as a GK coach</div><div><br></div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    archak wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Yea i know about them.... hopefully other clubs follow the same...</div><div><br></div><div>and any idea who are the pro license holders in india??</div><div>i know that armando possess one any idea who are other 3 as mentioned in that article?</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Subhash Bhowmick??? :P