AFC U-14 CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS

Comments

• munna21977 wrote: »
    well durand cup is for clubs only. Nagaland and Mizoram do not participate there. services (Army XI) Team and all other clubs play there.<br>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durand_Cup<br><br>that other tournament is Santosh Trophy where different states participate. But then I-league players are not allowed in Santosh Trophy. <br>real Mizoram team with these players will do better in Santosh Trophy.<br>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Footballers_from_Mizoram<br><br>Good stadiums are coming up there. lets see - but now we have only one team in I-league shillong Lajong and ten action barely showed 1 or 2 games from Shillong on TV.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>I meant Santosh Trophy there. Usually my rants come with typos and I barely re-read and when I do I ignore the mistake. You know what I mean though.</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, the category just goes on to prove my point. Yes there are more than 21 players from Mizoram in the I-League (I have not finished the project yet) but that is only a small group and none of them are really promising other than Jeje and Dika and a few others. The North-East is far from unlocked. And the stadiums are nothing to be happy about. In fact the only stadiums I hear being renovated or created are the Rajiv Ghandi in Mizoram and the Nehru in Shillong. The Nehru Stadium looks shit still as well.</div>
  • Yeah we need more clubs from there in I-league. But now 2nd division route may be closed. and Corporate means only those business houses who have "Black Money" thru Real Estate, Mining etc. want to reduce their tax liability will be able to promote any club.lack of big business groups in North East will hamper any prospects there for clubs.<br><br>my concern is lack of academies for U-14 level in those states as well. <br>
  • <span style="font-weight: normal;">
    munna21977 wrote: »
    </span><b>Yeah we need more clubs from there in I-league. But now 2nd division route may be closed. and Corporate means only those business houses who have "Black Money" thru Real Estate, Mining etc. want to reduce their tax liability will be able to promote any club.lack of big business groups in North East will hamper any prospects there for clubs</b>.<br><br>my concern is lack of academies for U-14 level in those states as well. <br>

<br><div><br></div><div>I will not go all on out on why they don't have more clubs and why they should not have more clubs in the I-League (other than 4: Sikkim, Shillong, Assam, and Mizoram) but I won't. I will just say that 4 is the maximum in the North-East. End of story.</div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited April 2013
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@arsenalkid you were way off this time with your post..</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; ">As @munna pointed out you probably meant Santosh/Trophy instead of Durand Cup</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; ">Manipur & Mizoram produce more top quality footballers per population/GDP than any other state. Given the lack of infrastructure and 'insurgency issues'  in some of the states this is quite impressive.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; ">Nagaland is rebuilding its football after too many years of the Nagaland FA and politicians letting things go to waste in the State that produced the 1st Captain of the Indian team , Dr T Ao  </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Mizoram has the best youth development in India, which is why FIFA are running the grass roots program in Mizoram before looking to expand on this into other states. The MFA Hony Secretary </font><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Lalnghinglova Hmar , has done so much in the past3 years for Mizoram football, that we will start to see the benefits in the years to come. They have a fully functioning local field, 2 turf fields ( 1 FIFA money , 1 local ) and are building a new purpose built football stadium in the outskirts. They have introduced a U-17 league too, and managed to get sponsors for the Mizoram Premier League and have it televised !! The guys at ZoFooty should also be commended on the work they have done.</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Players like Larindika Ralte, Jeje will be part of the India teams for the next few years and with the youngsters like Fanai @ PFC and Zodingliana Ralte at Lajong , the next batch of talented Mizo players are just around the corner.</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Manipur will soon be overtaken , especially in terms of the infrastructure development due to the ongoing socio-political situation that has ruined the state. Yet this poverty is the very reason that drives players from Imphal and the surrounding hills tribes to work hard to get out of Manipur so they can earn a living to support an extended family back home. </span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">With 6-8 Arrows players from Manipur and a similarly strong representation in the senior National squads, Manipur will continue to provide a high proportion of top quality players to Indian squad.</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">The title is won by a team with Raju Yumnam, Dinesh Singh , Tomba Singh , while the runners up have Vashum, Naoba , Robert ( Mizo and also a non regular) , and PFC have relied on a lot of goals/assists from on-loan Khemthang Paite .</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Assam has a poor record , mainly due to the inactivity of the Ankur Dutta who has been a AIFF Vice President for many years , yet run the lace like a fiefdom and ruined the football in this state. Many players from this stae also opt for Govt. jobs once they break into the football scene. For a Public sector team , Oil India and Assam Rifles are still very good quality and could shock I-Leagues easily in the Durand Cup. Only notable players are Durga Boro ( Churchill and now at Dodsal ) & Holicharan Narzary (Pailan) as well as the 2 young boys who went to IMG with India U-16.</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Sikkim has a lot of talented youngsters as seen at junior tournaments, and with a proposed Regional Academy, one can expect a lot of things to improve here, and hopefully USFC will focus on youth </span></font></span><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">development and not waste time trying to be something they aren't.</span></font></div><div><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></div><div><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Arunachal as a state , cannot create much of an impact as it's the least densely populate state, with the population scattered all across the hills, and very poor transport infrastructure . The only player I've ever heard of is former Lajong & HAL goalkeeper , Gumpe Rime</span></font></div><div><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Tripura too suffers from major infrastructure issues & a revamp of their league is much needed.</span></font></div><div><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></div><div><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Meghalaya has seen a lot of improvement in Shillong over the past 5 years, an I-League team with avg. of 20,000+ crowd figures , 3 teams that regularly make the final round of the 2nd Division , which makes for a highly competitive local league. Rocus Lamare( Salgacoar), Aibor Khongjee (Mohun Bagan) & Eugeneson Lyngdoh (Lajong) are all established I-League players.</span></font></div><div><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></div><div><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">( An all north east team would struggle due to the lack of goalkeepers and good defenders)</span></font></div><div><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></div><div><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">The Central Govt also needs to look at improving the status of these states. Hopefully the projected tourism boom , and unfortunate mining boom will improve infrastructure at least.</span></font></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "> </span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Now take compare this with the more populous states like Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu who do have a strong history for producing footballers. For all of Bihar & other states success in the Santosh trophy, the tournament is dominated by Services , which has a significant NE representation.</span></font></span></div><div><br></div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    <br><div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">If we did run a cricket style Zonal tournament :</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">                                                    Soram Porei Anganba (Pailan) </span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Naoba Singh(East Bengal)    Khelemba Meitei( Mohun Bagan) Gouramangi Singh(Prayag)   Raju Yumnam(Churchill)</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Khemthang Paite (PFC)   Rocus Lamare (Salgaocar)     Tomba Singh (Churchill)        Lalrindika Ralte (EB)</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">                                         Jeje Lapeklua (PFC)    Len Doungel (Pailan/EB)</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Subs:</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Ralte (GK) from Lajong</span></font></span></div><div><span style="line-height: 19px; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Dhanachandra Singh </span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Robert Lathalmuana</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Govin Singh</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Ongam Milan Singh</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Holicharan Narzary </span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Subhas Singh</span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">I think this proves that they have done remarkably well given that they have been neglected for so long by Indian Govt and Indian footballing authorities, if given the right support which they are starting to receive , then imagine how many better calibre players they can produce.</span></font></span></div></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; "><br></span></font></span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 19px; ">Just give it , time , this region will soon be an hot bed for talented players</span></font></span></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">@Gaffertape I did not deny the potential and the fact that the North-East "should" be the top region. I did deny the current face of it though and in reply:</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">- Nagaland: Rebuilding? How so? In a most recent youth tournament that took place at the same stadium the Nagaland Premier League games took place, just like in the Nagaland Premier League, the matches were played on dirt and clay. The quality of play was also poor and not encouraging (however those were highlights and small snippets so by that I meant the type of goals). Nagaland is growing, yes, but they have a long, long journey ahead of them.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">- Mizoram: I disagree. I still look at Goa for the best youth development. Where there is a set system in the state from the very younger ages to the many state leagues. However I think it is still not "good" on a world scale and could do with a lot of improvement. Back to Mizoram however, I will admit my mistake with the fields. I forgot about the newer FIFA fields which look bouncy yet good enough for youth football. The under-17 league barely impresses me yet. I will wait for later. I have seen under-17 leagues being ran from San Marino to the American Samoa and let me tell you, just a league won't help but then again I am sure the boys are getting better training than San Marino. </font></div></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The rest I am choosing to ignore as I don't think you fully understood my point. I am not saying that the North-East has nothing. It has a lot to offer but I am asking if we are taking advantage of that. Are we? I am happy that we might start a regional Academy in Sikkim but that goes back to what I said about potential. They have the potential to be great but they have barely anything to basically show off the same level of impact on the field as the North-Easterners do off it.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And the players you mentioned. What have they done though? How many have achieved much. I mean I know you can say the same about every other player in India but with the way I hear people talking about the North-East it is as if they expect every North-East player to just run out and dominate every Indian player. And then once you look past the I-League guys you really are left in disarray. Again the Mizoram stuff is nice but we are yet to see the impact. The rest have nothing much to them.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Until we push and see the vast potential these states have we will not fully tap it. That is my point. Not that it is bare but that it is not tapped the way it should be.</font></div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9258 Points
    munna21977 wrote: »
    I dont see a single player from North East in this U-14 team??? What happened to youth development in North East? Or our Foreign coach are strict about height and North East players are not selected becoz they are not that tall at that age?<br>

<br><br>I don't think physique is the reason,our goalkeeper Dheeraj is North East and so is the goalscorer Jitendra at Defence.But yes there are lesser number of players from North-East but Im sure players are chosen on merit not based on their regions.<br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i think the main reason for lack of NE guys would be overage issues...<div><br></div><div>we had seen it many time in past that there are NE team which are always caught in this age scam as there is no proper checking by local federations...</div><div> so may eb we will see these NE guys coming only after few  years t this squad and may be by 2017 we will have couple of more NE boys as well</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9258 Points
    Today India will play Kyrgyzstan in 18:00 IST and meanwhile our brothers from Pakistan will face Turkmenistan 15:00 IST.  <br>
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    for the next few years surely NT will have some NE guys..this due to the youth development programs undertaken now by the associations..But when football spreads & develops in the country,NE with their low population density will find it hard to produce better players.