2012-13 I-League Round 20

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

shankar
    > Joyptan said:

> > hadfadkar
    > > Lol, seems like nobody wants to win the I-League...
    >
    >
    >

>
    > :D

so @hadfadkar 's real face revealed :-/ 

Who is who? :-/

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Plagiarism is to be avoided.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Domnic
    Plagiarism is to be avoided.

I had to google for that. :D

• Just finished watching the Pailan Arrows-Sporting Goa match. First off, good game for Sporting Goa. A much better looking team than from the first half of the season. Oscar has done a pretty good job and if Sporting can make some good moves this summer then Sporting can rise to a top 7 side next year.

Meanwhile. Pailan Arrows showed us who they are, a developmental side. A youth side. A non-professional side. Say it as you will but one thing is for sure, these boys are not the same Arrows from 2010-11. The 2010-11 side contained a worser coach and a bad style of play but the results were better. Maybe not on paper but look at the class of 2010-11 and the class of 2012-13. Today we see guys of that past team of 2010-11 starting or being major players for their new teams. Guys like Jeje Lalpeklhua, Raju Gaikwad, Lalrozama Fanai, Lalrindika Ralte, Jibon Singh, Manandeep Singh, Jewel Raja, Bikramjit Singh, Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, and Subodh Kumar are all guys we still know today in the I-League. And not only that but they are obviously a class above todays team of Shaiju Mon, Prabir Das, Narayan Das, Pronay Halder, Pritam Kotal, Holicharan Narzary, Tirthankar Sarkar, Dhanpal Ganeshan, and Seminlen Doungel.

What I saw in this match was major unorganization. Holicharan Narzary and Seminlen Doungel will not develop without service. They barely get any chances within the box and find themselves on the wing all the time. Now I do not know if this is Papas's tactic but I noticed way to many crosses or long-throws from close range. It may work now and again but it wont work all the time and with the way Sporting played on those moments it would never go in. Also where was Alwyn George. Invisible for the most part. Probably tired so I will assume that.

The rest of the midfield were not pleasant at all to watch. Again I will point to the guys of 2010-11 as a prime example of Arrow's best midfield. This was far from the 2010-11 one. 

And the defense was a shock. Cant get the ball away cleanly or passing wise. Just punt it out of danger, that is all they know. 

And dont get me started on the technical ability from this team (the whole team). Atrocious. Cant even loft a ball from the forward line to the midfield with out it going wayward and how many times did we see Pailan pass the ball but because the speed was so slow the Sporting player got it. Way to many.

Overall it may have only been 2-0 but Pailan look like a team that is not I-League worthy at the moment. Many will argue against me but so many times I have had to watch them and I am excited at first but I leave with disappointment.

I will however give one thing to the 2012-13 team. The team of 2010-11 already had I-League experience. These guys are freshly new from the Tata Football Academy. And they are young... young, young so I may be going hard on them now but I can change in a few years if they change.
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > i just want add on sporting and oscar bruzan coaching 

what i have noticed is that since his arrival victorino is playing regularly that positive sign for the players and club
    and imagine Dawson and Victorino start to score on regular basis may be not next year but after 2 years or 3 than sporting will nt have to depend on foreign strikers and than they could sign players in defense or midfield 

I dont know about Dawson. He seems to have regressed since last season but Victorino is looking fantastic. He bossed the Pailan defense. If Dawson can click and both of them can continue to actually work hard and stay at Sporting Goa then I agree. Maybe next season we can see an all new Indian front force which is backed-up by foreign midfielders.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

If they click and play well then they will no longer be at Sporting.

@ashlesh. Just find out how much Dawson and Victorino get paid "per month". You"ll sink your head into the earth's crust in shame.

• > Domnic said:
    > If they click and play well then they will no longer be at Sporting.
    >
    > @ashlesh. Just find out how much Dawson and Victorino get paid "per month". You"ll sink your head into the earth's crust in shame.

Please dont say that. The amount of Indian players who move onto the "bigger" clubs and then fail is huge.

Why hello Usman Ashek. What? We dont know who he is anymore? What a shame.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited February 2013

> Ashlesh said:
    >

even they will know that performance at this moment is more important than money
    both moved from other clubs to sporting so they are quite aware about what they were doing 
    and i dont see them getting playing time at any other club so they will stick with sporting

so these two definitely wont move 

you remember mumbai fc?? we could always have one of promising goan talents ;)
    and anyway this season we can expect some teams with bigger financial muscle... so they better hold on to their key players
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> shankar
    > > Joyptan said:
    > > hadfadkar
    > > Lol, seems like nobody wants to win the I-League...
    >
    >
    >

>
    > :D

so @hadfadkar 's real face revealed :-/ 

No, he is not ayush definitely. he just quoted him :)