U-20 I-league 2013

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

> Ronny said:
    > Man when are they gonna play for India??
    I wamma see them thrash all their opponents :)

I think they'll be part of the U-16 team which will take part in qualifiers in coming Sept.Its good that we are playing matches but its nothing compared to competitive International matches which countries like Uzbek,Japan,China or Iran Youth Teams play and that is what counts the most in end of the day.

• Well there is nothing going on and friendlies at the u16 or u14 level are rare. Even at the top level. Spain's u16s have not even played and actual friendly since May.

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Well there is nothing going on and friendlies at the u16 or u14 level are rare. Even at the top level. Spain's u16s have not even played and actual friendly since May.

Friendlies exactly doesn't mean playing 1vs1 but actually most of the Youth Teams play these International Tournaments which gives them vital exposure

• > ashindia said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Well there is nothing going on and friendlies at the u16 or u14 level are rare. Even at the top level. Spain's u16s have not even played and actual friendly since May.
    >
    >

Friendlies exactly doesn't mean playing 1vs1 but actually most of the Youth Teams play these International Tournaments which gives them vital exposure

I know, the US have not played an actual tournament since July but they have been doing mini tournaments. Some against club teams.

The point here though is not to be pissed when we dont play teams at the u14 or u16 level. It is almost a rarity and honestly playing two u21 sides and a senior 2nd Division side and winning is pretty damn good exposure. Shows that once they are at that age (17-21) that some of them could be to good for the I-League U21 league and would either break into the I-League at a young age easy or some could go abroad.
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points

According to Shailesh this team is now u-16 with each player having turned 15 now..will all of them be eligible to take part in the u-16 championships??

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points

Stop hyping them guys. They have played day in day out with the same formation and same set of players, so they combine well. Let's see how well can play against other top academies like SESA n TFA n PFC under -16/17 .

Quality of ONGC n AirIndia under-19 is known to everyone and also you know the quality of PIFA FC (browse the threads if you don't). 

There used to be time when TFA under-19 guys used to thrash top ileague clubs in Fed Cups and Durand Cups.
    In my opinion some of these talented kids should be sent to some top academies of the world where they would learn much more. Even ASD won't be a bad option. 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited March 2013

> sparta said:
    > Stop hyping them guys. They have played day in day out with the same formation and same set of players, so they combine well. Let's see how well can play against other top academies like SESA n TFA n PFC under -16/17 .

Quality of ONGC n AirIndia under-19 is known to everyone and also you know the quality of PIFA FC (browse the threads if you don't). 

There used to be time when TFA under-19 guys used to thrash top ileague clubs in Fed Cups and Durand Cups.
    In my opinion some of these talented kids should be sent to some top academies of the world where they would learn much more. Even ASD won't be a bad option. 

TFA Under-19 teams were always full of 20-21 year olds !!
    The coaches in the past actively encouraged age cheating. They were the ones that made players 1st passports and this age rigging ensured the results looked a lot better than they were.
    The practice begin very early with the likes of Renedy Singh ( who claims to have joined TFA at 14 !! ) and has continued with the North Eastern & South Indian players ever since .
  • > sparta said:
    > Stop hyping them guys. They have played day in day out with the same formation and same set of players, so they combine well. Let's see how well can play against other top academies like SESA n TFA n PFC under -16/17 .

Your missing the point. We are not overrating these kids and now saying "Wow, they should be in I-League straight away, they are that good." but we are saying that, for a bunch of U16/U15 boys that to beat 2 U21 sides and 1 Senior 2nd Division side is a pretty good accomplishment.

Yes, against established Academies like SESA, TATA, and Pune FC they could be hammered but at the U16 level against these teams I believe they would actually do well and not look out of place.

As for sending them out to ASD... why. Keep in mind that this is not like the past where these kids practice on dirt from some Indian coach who has no idea about the game. Most of these coaches are professional coaches who are either foreign or carefully selected Indians. Also the ground where they practice at is amazing. Much better than where SESA or Pune practice. So why send them out? There is no benefits really.

Maybe a 1-year loan thing could be done so the player can get exposure could be done (just like a foreign-exchange student) but that is it really. These players are the core of out future and they should stay together to progress. How else would they get better.