2013 IFA Shield

Comments

• > gaffertape said:
    > > Joyptan said:
    > > Just 1 week before the start Mumbai FC also refused to play in IFA Shield due to some problem with availability of foregin players.
    >
    >

Mumbai FC foreign players are away at the moment, Amiri with his National team and Yakubu has probably gone home.

Lajong also had similar problems, their 2 new Japanese players ( Sho Kamimura & Taisuke Matsunaga ) had to return to Japan to get their work visas, as they had come on trial with a tourist visa and ended up signing immediately. 
    Looks like another Lajong controversy , as the club seemed to have played games in I-League with foreigners who had no working visas !

How is it a controversy? You just said that they were allowed in via tourist visa's. It was only for less than a month. Now the break is here and they can get there actual work permits. 

As for them being trialists only: I will admit that SLFC should not do that. Never heard of that before and it is strange to play a player on trial in an actual game but then one has to ask, Why did the AIFF do nothing about it? They regulate the league.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

After all Mohun Bagan may survive due to Lajong being relegated for gross violations. Was the Aiff sleeping??

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited February 2013

http://www.shillonglajong.com/lajong-bring-japanese-striker-on-trials-in-a-bid-to-strengthen-their-strike-force

Proof that he was on trial, i.e. must have come to India on a tourist visa , under which the rules are very clear you cannot work. In order to work in India the player would have to return to his home country & get a work visa, which is issued by the embassy after they see a copy of your contract & offer letter from the club.

Not only did he play in that loss against Pailan, he also played in the draw vs. Air India , the victory over Utd Sikkim and the loss to Salgaocar.
    rules are rules , and Utd Sikkim could just be handed a life line .

AIFF don't ask for  copy of the visa, they just ask for the contract when they do the TMS (transfer matching system) & ITC.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

We should remember that Lajong has got some muscle within the Aiff.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

> Domnic said:
    > We should remember that Lajong has got some muscle within the Aiff.

very true, but I'm sure @kshitij USFC will be interested to know the above rule breach and pass it on to the other muscle-man of the North East 

:-O

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Hahaha! "muscle-mans of the North-East"

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

nice tourney its good to see foreign clubs in here

• > gaffertape said:
    > http://www.shillonglajong.com/lajong-bring-japanese-striker-on-trials-in-a-bid-to-strengthen-their-strike-force
    >
    > Proof that he was on trial, i.e. must have come to India on a tourist visa , under which the rules are very clear you cannot work. In order to work in India the player would have to return to his home country & get a work visa, which is issued by the embassy after they see a copy of your contract & offer letter from the club.
    >
    > Not only did he play in that loss against Pailan, he also played in the draw vs. Air India , the victory over Utd Sikkim and the loss to Salgaocar.
    > rules are rules , and Utd Sikkim could just be handed a life line .
    >

AIFF don't ask for  copy of the visa, they just ask for the contract when they do the TMS (transfer matching system) & ITC.

They should still be able to regulate the players better. Again, I am not saying that what SLFC did was right - it was not - but the AIFF just let them go.

USFC to replace Mumbai FC in IFA Shield 2013.

Groups have also been changed

GROUP A : (SILIGURI) : East Bengal , Muktijoddha KC, United Sikkim , United SC

GROUP B : (KALYANI) : Mohun Bagan, Pune FC , Pailan Arrows, Deportivo Suprissa

Re-revised fixture - http://www.kolkatafootballs.com/ifa_shield_2013/index.html#2