Arata Izumi

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points

@ashindia

if u see like that then sunil also shudn't be part of squad....
  • Agree but for now in say, the SAFF Cup, we should play with Arata just so we can properly integrate the younger players in. They need a leader who has been playing for a long-time and a guy who has played in Singapore, Japan, and now India would fit the bill. I think the 2013 SAFF Cup will be Arata's last tournament.

2014 Nehru Cup will probably be all youngsters with a few older guys like 30-year old Chhetri. Same with the 2016 AFC Challenge Cup qualification. 
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Agree but for now in say, the SAFF Cup, we should play with Arata just so we can properly integrate the younger players in. They need a leader who has been playing for a long-time and a guy who has played in Singapore, Japan, and now India would fit the bill. I think the 2013 SAFF Cup will be Arata's last tournament.

2014 Nehru Cup will probably be all youngsters with a few older guys like 30-year old Chhetri. Same with the 2016 AFC Challenge Cup qualification. 

Exactly !

Look at Iraq they have 16 and 17 year olds playing ! Sometimes in friendlies their coach has left out big players like Younis to give exposure to these youngsters.

• WE AGREE!!! WE AGREE!!!!!!! Thanks, I needed a pick-me-up today.

yeah agree to some extent but 2013 will be last means he is in international stage for 1 year only......i think till the end of 2014 will be fine but

just being optimistic..india have still outside chance for making afc challenge cup..and if india wins afc challenge cup then arata can be in 2015 asian cup.......mark it i'm not saying india will definitely make it....

edited March 2013

> preetam said:
    > yeah agree to some extent but 2013 will be last means he is in international stage for 1 year only......i think till the end of 2014 will be fine but

just being optimistic..india have still outside chance for making afc challenge cup..and if india wins afc challenge cup then arata can be in 2015 asian cup.......mark it i'm not saying india will definitely make it....

Well lets see I never said about dropping out older guys if we make it to Challenge Cup,but to be realistic our chances of qualifying are like .05 % :)

hmm....but till now we are saved by afc...just hope...1 match will decide our destiny....may be our luck is stronger than the results

• > ashindia said:
    > Look at Iraq they have 16 and 17 year olds playing ! Sometimes in friendlies their coach has left out big players like Younis to give exposure to these youngsters.

Woah, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Notice how these youngsters for Iraq are regulars at club level (soccerway and transfermarkt as sources). Also Iraq may not be as rich as Saudi Arabia or Qatar but the youth development scene has gotten better in recent years in Iraq. These guys have been trained well.

Currently India does not have that luxury which is why we need to encourage the clubs to take up Academies. Look at Pune FC. Most of these players they have grew up playing football in unorganized tournaments with horrible coaches yet after 1 and a half years with Pune FC they can beat SESA FA and stand up to Tata FA. Now as Pune FC's Academy gets better with younger age group teams and more emphasis on coaching the gap between them and the rest will widen. Most of the kids on Pune FC's U20 team only started playing football at ages 12-14 (source: player profiles on punefc.com). 

I am guessing that Pune FC want to change that and get kids to start playing at 6-8.
    edited March 2013

Iraqi league has 18 teams and other than that most of their key players move out so automatically youngsters get to play domestic football early unlike in India.

EDIT - Iraq clubs dont use Black Mumba or Brazilian Panther hence locals