I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This sounds like a great signing, let's see how well he fits in the I-league. 
    Somehow I can see him coming into the league, his debut, and doing bad in it and then all of a sudden everyone here calls him shit and how he should not be here. People on facebook will then go on about how the Costa Rican league is shit and why did CB get a player from there and all hell will break loose.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Id say iranian league is somewhere 4th or 5th in asia.. jus behind csl.
    Iranian league is shit once you get past Esteghlal and Perspolis. Tractor Sazi is also okay but the rest of the league is tough to watch.
    They dont have the glamour or big name foreigners but as for quality very competitive. Much better than mid east leagues who lack home grown talent. Sanctions mean money is leas at some clubs. But likes of sepahan foolad r very good..zob ahan having bad year but been very good in recent years in acl also. Very good crowds aswell. Football in hands of some jokers thats the issue.

Agree... esspecially on crowds, they are easily the best in Western Asia. IDK, the foreigners are not glamorus but the domestic players are nice (a good perk of having the majority of national teamers in the league). I still just dont see Iran's league though as something that is so great.

As for the A-League, there problem is the other footballs (and cricket) plus the stupidity of fans. Some fans dont follow because the A-League is against the regionalism of the old NSL and also, unlike countries that are different in their soccer approach like the US, the Aussie fans have not accepted that they are different. MLS fans are happy to say we will never have pro/rel, franchises, salary caps, DPs etc but the Aussie fans have not... they still believe a European model can work even though it will never work and thus they dont follow. Its weird but true. 

Also the league is 27 rounds long (plus perhaps 3 more matches in play-offs). J. League has 34 rounds, K League has 38, Iran has 34. They need a longer league and acceptance and then they will get better. Till then they shall always remain that league that is not so good but is made to look good.
    BTW, new signing for Stepahan for their Pro League and Champions League challenge is... SERGIO VAN DJIK!!!!
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29673 Points
    edited December 2013
    Good signing top goal scorer in A league
    Good signing top goal scorer in A league
    But way past it. Looked ordinary for Adelaide in his last season but ya, he dominated in Indonesia.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29673 Points
    He will be good in india as a asian player
    Agree. We have the money (at we did, who knows how much he is being payed in Iran now).
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Not sure how much hes on but i feel sepahan could have done better. But asian strikers not an easy thing to find.

I think better players will come to india once thereis some sort of contractual stability at clubs..way to easy to hire and fire players..
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2013
    Lets see how this new Costa Rican players does. If he playes well then we(EB) can snap him up next season if he wants to stay in India. :D
This discussion has been closed.