Kerala Football News

Comments

• The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    Mar Baselius college's team did pretty well then! My friend went there!
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    An academy will attract top talent if there are potential opportunities beyond the parent club....its an ecosystem. Kerala with no state league will keep struggling IMO.
    Deb_Ban
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    They will all play in Kerala Blasters (unless that folds).
    atuljggoalkeeparmohammed_87hassanmunna219777
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited June 2017
    What is the home stadium of Gokulam FC? Mallapuram stadium?  for I-league?
  • samsam 16428 Points
    The newbies in Kerala club football, Gokulam FC from Malappuram is all set to play in the upcoming I-League. It is through co-operate entry that they are preparing to enter the India’s premier football club competition. The AIFF are also prepared to accept the team for the upcoming I-League. 

The team came in existence in the last February are prepared to make Payyanad Stadium, Manjeri or the Co-operate Stadium, Calicut as their home ground. Calicut University Stadium will be the training ground for the team
    The team has also linked up with MSP School, Malappuram in order to fulfill the league’s rules, the school team would also represent the team in junior level competitions. 

The management are looking to make a good team and hence have already started works on scouting players from different department teams in Kerala. They also hopes to keep the current young players and to bring in four foreign players of good standards. 
    The team has made its presence known in Kerala, only within three months from. it’s formation. The team coached by Bino George were the runner up in Kerala state football championship and winner of the Biju Patnaik Trophy, held in Odisha. They also reached the semi finals of the Kerala Premier League, a league associated by the Kerala Football Association in the model of the Hero Indian Super League.
    The AIFF are in an effort to include more teams in the I-League, which might see the relegated Mumbai FC being kept. Gokulam are the first team in the I-League from Kerala, after the withdrawal of Chirag United from the league.

munna219777atuljgCarbon_14thebeautifulgameshibierBrainFallINDIAindian_gooner
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    That name of the club!
    footydip
  • jitug1979jitug1979 687 Points
    MSP school as feeder club.... Awesome 
    Deb_Ban
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3411 Points
    Should play in malappuram itself