Kerala Football News

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Instead of whining over name, they should focus on stability and direction. What was wrong in the name of FC Kochin and Viva Kerala? They folded without trace.
    Carbon_14indian_goonerkartik91
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    But they had passionate supporters. I wonder if people will go bonkers over a club named Gokulam.
    munna219777goalkeepar
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3417 Points
    Malappuram base would have been good. They will support with whatever name
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Kerala supporters are very passionate about football. I don't think that you need a catchy name to attract them. Kerala fans love their football. Even with State Bank of Travancore team in NFL, huge crowd used to come. They just need stable management of a club which wants to stay in I-league.
    ArsenalFan700Carbon_14deepak dedhathebeautifulgameshibierBrainFallINDIAgoalkeepargopiajeeshspartaindian_goonerand 1 other.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Another kerala club in I league from Trivandrum. 

MUMBAI: The governing body for soccer in India has cleared Singapore-based MySportsManagement’s plan to form a new I-League club in Kerala, even as it is yet to decide on the cashstrapped official league’s merger with the Indian Super League (ISL), which is backed by private firms. 

MySports’ CEO Jiri Cerny told ET that the sports management company has received a go ahead from the All-India FootballFederation (AIFF) to launch a new team in Thiruvananthapuram ahead of the 2018 season. 

“We have approval from the federation and a five-year strategic plan in place,” Cerny said, adding that MySports already has European companies supporting the team. “We will be spending close to `20 crore per season, which is six times more than this year I-League winner Aizawl FC, but at the same time, 30% less than what anormal ISL team spends.” 

Cerny said MySports will bring in western management and foreign coaches in help popularise football. “We are coming to develop football in India. We also have plans to start a football academy where we will train young talented kids between 9-16 years,” he said. 

According to Cerny, initially the team will have to depend on international players as well as players from other regions, but going forward, the club will train players in the state itself.

Source Economic Times 
    goalkeeparkarenesudhakar2050deepak dedhaCarbon_14BrainFallINDIAgaffertapemohammed_87hassanmunna219777kartik91
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Please let this be true . Itd be a dream to have a club from my hometown.
    deepak dedhaarunskumar148atuljgmunna219777
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3417 Points
    I league club from Trivandrum is risk. ISL club would be better. Just because of poor promotion of I league.
    arunskumar148
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    “We will be spending close to `20 crore per season, which is six times more than this year I-League winner Aizawl FC, but at the same time, 30% less than what anormal ISL team spends.” 

20 crore is nearly 8-10 times more than Aizawl
    And where will they play in Trivandrum
    The stadium is leased to KCA 
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Yea that is a genuine problem . KCA wont let go of the stadium . 
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited June 2017
    There are 2 other I league worthy stadiums in Trivandrum. University Stadium and Chandrasekharan Nair Stadium.
    deepakcmunna219777indian_goonerdeepak dedhakartik91