Kerala Football News

Comments

• eldhose777eldhose777 India147 Points
    Even if the investors are trying to tap the fans in Malabar area, I am sure that Trivandrum also has a potential to get a team. Hope Kovalam FC will get an investor soon. 
    atuljgindian_gooner
  • yess. best thing is kovalam fc has thier own stadium.
  • athi_bheekaranathi_bheekaran Some where in Singularity1092 Points
    Kovalam Stadium is still in the planning stage. what they have built is a Ground/Stadium for Academy adjascent to their hostel. There is a 20 Day Daily vlog on Kovalam FC. 

THREAD: @nevinthomas spent the last 20 days with @KovalamFootball to learn about football in the Southern Kerala coasts and what it means to the people. From alligators to cyclones, his 3-week stay was filled with adventures which he documented in the form of Daily Blogs (Do RT) pic.twitter.com/xxRLe5stiq

— Kalpanthu (@KalPanthu) November 23, 2020
    munna219777indian_goonerashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points
    India's football stronghold Kerala mourns 'Our God' Diego Maradona; fans throng hotel room he stayed in

Even in the land of cricket, Diego Maradona's death came as such a shock that one Indian state declared two days of official mourning and fans flocked to a hotel room where the football deity once slept.

The Argentine footballer, who died on Tuesday at the age of 60, is so revered in Kerala state that even the shells from some prawns he ate during his visit in 2012 have been freeze-dried and framed. A steady stream of fans and journalists went to th..Hotel Blue Nile in Kannur to leave tributes as the state government ordered the mourning period and a local musician sang a mournful tribute to the footballer on television channels. Hotel owner Ravindran Veleimbra recalled the day when Maradona entered the lobby. "Our God had walked in. He was in front of us," he told AFP.

Veleimbra remembered how hordes of fans wearing Argentina's blue and white shirts packed the road outside, some having travelled hundreds of kilometres in cars, buses and on bikes. Thousands more packed a local stadium.

Everything Maradona touched in Room 309 has been preserved, the owner said.

"We have saved the cutlery, toiletries and even the bouquet that we gave him. The flowers have dried but it's all framed."

The prawn shells that were part of the salad he ate are also displayed, along with footballs and a menu that the World Cup hero signed.

"People ask us specifically for a stay at the Maradona room. Everything that he touched is still intact and his fans want to experience that."

Veleimbra said he would now set up a Maradona statue. "It's a day of mourning for us. He hugged me while he was leaving and to this day I can feel him around."

https://www.deccanherald.com/sports/football/indias-football-stronghold-kerala-mourns-our-god-diego-maradona-fans-throng-hotel-room-he-stayed-in-920141.html
    indian_goonereldhose777ashindiamunna219777atuljg
  • The prawn shells that were part of the salad he ate are also displayed, along with footballs and a menu that the World Cup hero signed.

this is the fan frenzy
    munna219777atuljg
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    That's fucking yucky! Did they save his poop too so "fans" can sniff it? 
    indian_gooner
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    You really don't know how big of a deal are Argentina and Brazil in kerala .
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    So did they save the poop or not? Yeah, growing up in Kolkata in the 80s and 90s I really have no idea how massive Brazil and Argentina are in Kerala! 😉
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6471 Points
    edited November 2020
    Football never exists in my village.  But there are several hard core fans of Brazil & Argentina in our place. Initially I use to follow England NT. After watching Liverpool & Barcelona games. Started following Argentina NT and I'm one among them now 😎😃
    ashindiamunna219777
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Isn’t that the main problem? Everyone fight over Man Utd vs Liverpool Or Barcelona vs Real Madrid Or Brazil vs Argentina, how will our clubs will make money?
    deepak dedhamunna219777indian_gooner