Kerala Football News

Comments

• indian_goonerindian_gooner 3407 Points
    edited November 2020
    Quartz FC of Kozhikode taken over by owners of Sheffield United. Rebranded as Kerala United Football club. 
    Fans even gave nickname as The hornbills.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newindianexpress.com/states/kerala/2020/nov/21/sheffield-calicut-quartz-new-owner-kerala-united-name-2226027.amp
    Deb_BanNagendraatuljg
  • Actually some few of kbfc fans are not happy with any of the 2nd team coming from Kerala.
    When there was a talk of Evergreen Kerala from Trivandrum, fans were divided over the issue. 
    They say Kerala needs only one club and everyone should support kbfc only.  :tired_face:

Over the years when gokulam Kerala started emerging in l League, some fans from Kozhikode and Malappuram started following the Malabarians. There were constant efforts of the gokulam FC Facebook page to take a dig at every opportunity to mock KBFC. Ranging from ticket prices, trophy less, no women's team, kbfc performance also.
    atuljg
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29238 Points
    Let's be honest GKFC is the actual Kerala club which promotes local talent, while KBFC imports age frauds from NorthEast 
    BrainFallINDIAEastBengalPrideatuljgashindiajitug1979giridharan
  • Well here in IFN, we all know since the beginning that more clubs are required to sustain the growth of interest of football in India. 
    And rivalry in football is one of the biggest attractions. The competition among the teams will raise the levels.
    goalkeeparashindia
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    edited November 2020
    @goalkeeper
    Both clubs signs players from Northeast . Just see how many GKFC signed last season .
  • athi_bheekaranathi_bheekaran Some where in Singularity1090 Points
    I think we all will accept the fact that only one club from Kerala is not enough. First we need to have a stable State league with at least 1 team from every district i.e 14 Districts. Every season in KPL we see clubs keeps come in and withdraw amid the league. This year team may not be there next season. Dept. teams. all these issues should be solved.
    BrainFallINDIAG_Kgoalkeeparashindiaindian_gooneratuljggiridharan
  • Well I thought KUFC may go for direct entry to ISL, they are not in a hurry. They will mostly focused on academy, Kerala premier League and second division I League.
    It would be wiser if gokulam shifts to malappuram so that the kozhikode city support is not split. also now it makes more pressure for gokulam to change their name to something else. I would have suggested Malabar United but that name already exists.
  • Also one club which is trying hard from the ground level with the support of supporters finance is FC Kerala from Thrissur. They have academy of boys/girls of different age groups, hold trials every often, several Santosh trophy players emerged from this club recently. I wish some foreign clubs take over this club. This would be a definite win win situation for the stakeholders invlolved as they don't have to do scouting.
    Also this club has got attention when clashing with kbfc in kpl and 2nd div i league. since IM vijayan, there is no decent player come out of thrissur.
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Kerala United is going to shift their base to Malappuram. So GKFC better stay in Kozhikode.
    indian_goonerashindia
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    I hope GKFC wins Ileague! More power to them! 
    indian_gooner