2014 AFC U19 Championship

Comments

• AIFF has made it mandatory for elite academy boys...to stay in the academy till April 2014...due to which Uttam missed out on i league 2013-14 season.<div><br></div><div>i don't understand the logic...sole purpose of academy is make player ready to play in the country's premier competition and if a player is ready and clubs are willing then why make them wait till April. </div>
  • dhungel35 wrote: »
    AIFF has made it mandatory for elite academy boys...to stay in the academy till April 2014...due to which Uttam missed out on i league 2013-14 season.<div><br></div><div>i don't understand the logic...sole purpose of academy is make player ready to play in the country's premier competition and if a player is ready and clubs are willing then why make them wait till April. </div>

<br><br>Is AIFF making any money by clubs signing players from their academy?<br>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    dhungel35 wrote: »
    AIFF has made it mandatory for elite academy boys...to stay in the academy till April 2014...due to which Uttam missed out on i league 2013-14 season.<div><br></div><div>i don't understand the logic...sole purpose of academy is make player ready to play in the country's premier competition and if a player is ready and clubs are willing then why make them wait till April. </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Has Uttam gotten any I-League offers. Depending on which clubs it may be for the best he stays. Knowing his luck he will find himself not playing and being behind a bunch of useless foreigners.</div>
  • nope the club which is very keen to sign him has only one foreign striker...and since they are trying to follow a youth oriented system i am sure UTTAM would have played a few matches if not all. <div><br></div><div>May be after AFCQ if AIFF Academy permit , then we may see him in the second half of the season.  </div>
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    good for Uttam..he needs a quick break now..we are eager to see him in action<br>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited September 2013
    But in I-League? From the Chicago Fire Academy to Reading and now I-League? Sure. I-League is on the same level as the US Academy and English Academy systems but he will not develop at all.<div><br></div><div>Look at Sunil Chhetri. If he had moved to MLS earlier he would have played in a better environment with better facilities and training. He also would have been younger and thus would have had more time to establish himself. Instead he stayed in I-League, flirted with the idea of going abroad, finally goes to MLS and never sees a game. He was to old (a 25-year old Indian who never plays is old in MLS terms) and just goes back to I-League.</div><div><br></div><div>If Uttam really wants to realize his potential he needs to go abroad. Forget I-League. In the long run he will benefit not only himself but his country. He needs to do his best to go abroad. Whether it is in the US or Europe or wherever. If the training is good then bloody go for it!</div>
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Totally Agree With ArsenalFan700.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    even if he cant get anywhere, i think aiff's academy would be better for development than any i league club, even if they play him a few games
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    edited September 2013
    I totally agree but for that we need a good player agent who could work up a deal with European/American/Asian club....then only it will be possible...any suggestions on that??
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    dhungel35 wrote: »
    I totally agree but for that we need a good player agent who could work up a deal with European/American/Asian club....then only it will be possible...any suggestions on that??

<br><div><br></div><div>yogesh joshi? the guy who got Sunil in MLS</div><div><br></div><div>dont think there many others, i always thought Libero Sports was good, but then as u revealed its also not good</div>