2014 AFC U19 Championship

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    @silicon3 have you pasted the wrong report.<div><br></div><div>I guess this is the one: <a href="http://www.the-aiff.com/news-center-details.htm?id=5273"; style="font-size: 10pt;">http://www.the-aiff.com/news-center-details.htm?id=5273</a></div>;

<br/>

Yup wrong report...my bad!!!
  • shibiershibier 2997 Points
    I donno  wht to say ... I am very depressed after this loss... infact this was the last hope for us. We cudnt qualify for AFC achallangers cup, We cudnt win the SAFF cup, missed narrowly from U16 final round and now this one also. Feeling very low and have to come out from this some how. I think till 2018 WC qualfiers we dont have any match to play. Isnt it ?
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    @shibier... I am sure all of us @IFN feel the same about the outcome of this match..more so the players themselves...lets have hope for a 2nd place finish... Maybe Uzbekistan may lose to Qatar..u never know till all the games r played...we have to support our team no matter what..
  • @shibier We all feel the same as you feel, including the players and the support staff, just what @silicon3 pointed out. I will tell you something, our youth program is getting there slowing but surely it would up in par as other youth programs set up in other football power house countries. Then we would produce world class players and team(s). That day will come one day for sure.<div><br></div><div>Till 2018 wc qualifiers, naa we have a lot of matches man. U16, U19, U23, olympics, asian games and friendlies, we have many lined up. Lets Cheer for India as long as we are in this world.  </div>
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Feeling very sad.I am hoping to see India qualify for the World cup out rightly before i die but our only chance it seems is if we Host it.  <br>
  • Ha ha..well even if we host it, probably FIFA will say..hey how can 156 ranked nationplay in world cup..they will get humilated...we can give u world cup but please do not ask for direct entry ;-)

on the improved side though, I do feel both U-16 and U-19 has much better future than their predecessors only because of the constant mentoring they are getting..it certainly helps
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    <div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Dont know how many of u agree with me ?</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Many People Were Surprised about the Result of Indian U-19 Against Qatar But i was not , Below Are the Reasons !</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">1) This is Same team Which Qualified for AFC Asia Cup U-16 2012 but After that Coach Toal Take over the Team Charge for AFC Asia Cup U-16 then Performance of Team Dipped very Much </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">2) Coach Toal is From England so he loves to play Long Ball that's why he Kept those Players in bench(who are not good build) who had ability to play possession football like Uttam Rai in bench but our coach forgot that we are playing against West Asian Side </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3) We Must Follow one System in youth you cant change the boys game in every age group </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Like Right now U-16 Team is playing Possession football , so when they reached U-19 level then Coach like Toal must not asked them to play Long ball and then Again some changes in U-23 and senior level ..</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">We Must Follow Same Style in All teams </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Hope Coach will Rectify his Mistake in next game and i wanna tell u that our boys are talented but They are lacking proper guidance and motivation as These players are same bunch of boys who qualified for AFC Asia cup U-16 2012</font></div>
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    INDIA LOOK TO GET BACK TO WINNING WAYS

http://www.the-aiff.com/
  • PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    edited October 2013
    @7negi Yes I was surprised because I thought we could beat this Qatar u19 side. My feelings were the same during the 1st half and during half time. Things changed in the second half.

I agree with you in point 1 to certain extent, the performance of the team dipped but Not because of Toal, we matched the Qatari side in the first half or let me put it this way we were the better side at the end of the first half, we played long ball but they were accurate ones, its not like we hit it in no mans land or to a Qatari player.

I disagree with you in point 2, I felt uttam would be a good substitute and who knows if there are players benched can play like our current under16. Besides that did you watch this team play the under16 qualifiers and the championship?
    Well I witnessed few matches and they played almost the same style against Syria, china and uzbekistan, they did pretty well and did pretty well agaist qatar u19 in the 1st half. Things changed in the second half.

Our current u16 played total possession and had good pace, so I don't think their play will be changed when they move up the ladder. I agree with you in point 3.

Going back to yesterday's match, this Qatari team is is technically sound, it is a complete squad, skilled and very well prepared. To add to that Qataris were provided with world class facilities that you not get in India or China.

Maybe we lost to the strongest in the group, Qatar and we can still go second and qualify to the next round by beating Nepal, Turkmenistan and the talented Uzbekistan sides.