2014 AFC U19 Championship

Comments

• <u>Group A Matches - 8 October 2013</u><div><br></div><div>Uzbekistan u19 vs Nepal u19 (7pm IST)</div><div>Qatar u19 vs Turkmenistan u19 (9:30pm IST)</div><div><br></div><div>I hope in the first match Nepal beats Uzbekistan and in the second, Turkmenistan beats Qatar to make this group interesting and increase India's chances to go to next round directly. </div>
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <p><em>I hope in the first match Nepal beats Uzbekistan and in the second, Turkmenistan beats Qatar to make this group interesting and increase India's chances to go to next round directly. </em></p><p> </p><p>Hmm...hoping against hope. I also want this result in that order...</p> :P
  • @Akoi some people hoped Vietnam u19 beats Australia u19, it happened, not only that, but Vietnam hammered Australia.<div><br></div><div>Similar case different situation and group, so anything can happen.</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9320 Points
    Group E has only three teams after Syria has withdrawn.
  • @ashindia true, so ranking of 2nd placed team results or criteria would look similar to the one used for under 16 qualifier.
  • RonnyRonny 10477 Points
    its better that we beat Uzbeks<br>
  • @Ronny If we beat Uzbekistan u16 we have a greater chance going through to the next round. Yes, I agree with you it is better we come guns blazing against Uzbekistan. It's not that we haven't gone guns blazing, we have so far in both the matches, is just that we need to score and score at every opportunity that is presented to us because Uzbekistan would not miss many. I think this game would be a high scoring and interesting one and hopefully at the end of the day we are all happy.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    @ashlesh it was thought impossible for Vietnam U19  to beat Australia U19 ...in football on that day anything is possible...
  • shibiershibier 2997 Points
    Uzbeks are always good at youth levels, Not sure how good is this team but after seeing the results of their first match i think it is not impossible for us to get full points. If our finishing improves surely it is achievable. Todays match against Nepal will tell how strong is this Uzbek team.
  • is second placed team's qualification rule same as that it was in U-16..that would be a difficult proposition even if we win against uzbeks..