International FIFA Friendly : India , Bangladesh & Pakistan. 1st , 4th & 8th June

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    SAFF Cup should be in such a way that India should play All 7 teams in first round then according to top 4 in points they should qualify and than just knockout stage and than final<br><br>btw my predictions will be 1-Afghanistan winning Nepal and India battling for 2nd if we go again with current shit team<br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    samiam wrote: »
    SAFF Cup should be in such a way that India should play All 7 teams in first round then according to top 4 in points they should qualify and than just knockout stage and than final<br><br>btw my predictions will be 1-Afghanistan winning Nepal and India battling for 2nd if we go again with current shit team<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>in that case there shouldnt be a knockout...</div><div><br></div><div>the best is the format of ASEAN... two legged knockout...</div><div>that is somewhat more exciting </div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Looking at some of the comments I am reminded of the phrase - 1 in hand is better than 3 in bush :)
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    some people seriously need to get over the ranking hype..they dont even matter for 2more years until the world cup qualifiers and even then im sure afc gonna come up with some retarded format... unless u have a guy waiting work permit for uk n u gotta be in top 70 n u need stronger teams.. just play what comes and take it a notch higher at each fifa dates...
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points
    edited May 2013
    Why wouldn't anyone be happy about these cancellations? First of all I don't <span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">know how you can get a private company that is not even sponsoring the National team to schedule friendlies. Second of all, this had almost nothing to do with football in the sense that it was a mar</span><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">keting scheme for the company. Third of all, the most obvious reason why this was cancelled was because the company would be inflicted with major losses as  the number of tic</span><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">kets bought was too low. So in other words, the expats in England of 3 different countries don't care about their football teams. And finally, </span>How many times are we going to <span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">keep playing the same sides which are supposedly inferior. I am not one to say let's play someone 100 ran</span><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">kings ahead of us but we should play teams that are more or less the same caliber. Our best line up could only be handled by Afghanistan in terms of other SAFF teams. Anyone else, we could blow away with ease. Despite playing li</span><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">ke a school team against myanmar, we lost by a goal to them and it too</span><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">k 70 minutes for them to score. I don't mean to berate Pa</span><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">kistan or Bangladesh as they are solid teams but we will play them in the SAFF anyways so let's pic</span><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">k other competitive opponents. By the way, I agree with Samiam that India is the #2 team in SAFF right now. Afghanistan will go places with their team because they have the physique and stamina as well as technical experience from foreign leagues to guide them. All we have is Sunil Chetri.</span>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @Terp<;div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><i>Why wouldn't anyone be happy about these cancellations?</i></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;">Can't really argue with this :)</div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><i><span style="font-size: 10pt;">First of all I don't </span><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">know how you can get a private company that is not even sponsoring the National team to schedule friendlies</span></i></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">That is not uncommon. CMG arranged Argentina international friendly in kolkata. That is a win-win situation because then AIFF dont have to spend for the teams tour in England, get some games and exposure for free and hoopefully try some new lads.</span></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><i><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Second of all, this had almost nothing to do with football in the sense that it was a mar</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">keting scheme for the company.</span></i></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Most companies work for profit and marketing, that is a given. More so in the current world foootball scenario. The point is there was nothing to lose, and the guys get some game time and Indian football some talking point. All by CMG.</span></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><i><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Third of all, the <b>most obvious reason</b> why this was cancelled was because the company would be inflicted with major losses as the number of tic</span><span style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">kets bought was too low. So in other words, the expats in England of 3 different countries don't care about their football teams.</span></i></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">What is your source regarding this? Last heard this was because of the chit fund scam in Kolkata. Is the 'obvious reason' has a source or your opinion?</span></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"><br></div>
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points
    I read that they couldn't sell as many tic<span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">kets as they had wanted to, so the expenses they would have from paying the teams to their transportation, lodging, advertising, and renting Craven cottage would be too much for them to pay out of their poc</span><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">kets. It is partially my opinion but it is also common sense that they would have lot's of expenses. The chit fund scam thing is probably the main reason but my reason is also valid.</span>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    It would be wise to delete this thread now.i guess
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    I think cmg asking for later dates..id say do aug 14..good for ind days... :)
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Shah476 wrote: »
    I think cmg asking for later dates..id say do aug 14..good for ind days... :)

<br><div><br></div><div>But the Premier League begins then and even if Fulham do not start at home I doubt they will allow a 3-game series featuring India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh ruin the pitch before their home opener.</div><div><br>Also facilities would be tough to get.</div><div><br></div><div>The only thing I can see now is just a summer series in India. Seriously, IMG can make some serious money with this but they refuse to see it. Get top European teams to come here. Alas it is probably to late but still.</div>